From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ACNS] Prayers for the 10th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:44:03 -0700

ACNS 4309 | ENGLAND | 20 AUGUST 2007

Prayers for the 10th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales

The Church of England has published two prayers on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. The prayers, written by the Archbishop of Canterbury, will be used at the memorial service at the Guards Chapel on August 31st. They will also be available for use in churches around the country.

The full text of the prayers:

God our Father,

we remember before you Diana, Princess of Wales, and offer you our gratitude for all the memories of her that we treasure still. Her vulnerability and her willingness to reach out to the excluded and forgotten touched us all; her generosity gave hope and joy to many. May she rest in peace where sorrow and pain are banished, and may the everlasting light of your merciful love shine upon her; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father eternal, unfailing source of peace to all who seek you, we entrust to your love and protection all for whom this anniversary of the tragic and untimely death of Diana, Princess of Wales reawakens the pains of grief and loss. Comfort all who mourn, that casting all their cares upon you, they may be filled with your gifts - of new life, of courage and of hope; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Ends

Note to Editors

The prayers are available, including traditional language versions, on the Church of England website at http://www.cofe.anglican.org/prayers/

___________________________________________________________________ ACNSlist, published by Anglican Communion News Service, London, is distributed to more than 8,000 journalists and other readers around the world.

For subscription INFORMATION please go to: