From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] Weeks Ahead / Catalyst: Thank You, God

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:50:00 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Daybook -- Today is Wednesday, September 26, 2007. The Church calendar remembers Lancelot Andrewes, bishop of Winchester (1555-1626).

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm) * Today in History: On this day in 1863, Frederick William Faber, priest and hymnist, died. Faber is known for the hymns "Faith of Our Fathers" and "There's a Wideness in God's Mercy."

_____________________

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Events

9/27/2007

>> FLATWOODS, West Virginia: Diocese of West Virginia to meet in convention

LANDER, Wyoming: On Sacred Ground

9/29/2007 >> WASHINGTON, D.C.: Cathedral Day >> VALLEY FORGE, Pennsylvania: Founders Day Fall Festival >> SYRACUSE, New York: Youth Anti-Racism Summit

9/30/2007

>> NEW YORK CITY: Solemn Evensong in Commemoration of the 200th Anniversary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act >> BIRMINGHAM, Alabama: Special Convention for the election of a Bishop Suffragan >> NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey: Service of Thanksgiving >> CLEVELAND, Ohio: Trinity Episcopal Cathedral to celebrate Centennial

10/1/2007

>> BERKELEY, California: Instituto de Capacitación para Clérigos

10/4/2007

>> LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas: Central High School 50 year commemoration at Trinity Cathedral

FAIRBANKS, Alaska: Diocese of Alaska to meet in convention

JACKSON, Wyoming: Diocese of Wyoming to meet in convention

10/5/2007

>> DENVER, Colorado: Diocese of Colorado to meet in convention >> BISMARCK, North Dakota: Diocese of North Dakota to meet in convention >> SAN DIEGO, California: Awaiting Judgment >> OACOMA, South Dakota: Diocese of South Dakota to meet in convention >> BUTTE, Montana: Diocese of Montana to meet in convention

10/6/2007 >> NATIONAL: Prayer Vigil for Peace

10/7/2007

>> LINTHICUM HEIGHTS, Maryland: A Gathering for Young Adult Clergy >> BENNINGTON, Vermont: Blessing of the animals >> PRINCETON, New Jersey: The Episcopal Church at Princeton University

10/8/2007

>> NATIONAL: Interfaith Fast to End the War in Iraq

10/12/2007

>> NORTHERN, Michigan: Diocese of Northern Michigan to meet in convention >> ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana: Diocese of Western Louisiana to meet in convention >> MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin: Diocese of Milwaukee to meet in convention >> LAS VEGAS, Nevada: Diocese of Nevada to meet in convention >> PRINEVILLE, Oregon: Diocese of Eastern Oregon to meet in convention >> MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota: Beijing Circles >> BERKELEY, California: Fourth Annual St. Margaret Lecture >> VAILS GATE, New York: River of Joy >> BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania: Diocese of Bethlehem to meet in convention

10/13/2007

>> LAKESIDE, Connecticut: Bread for the Journey

10/16/2007

>> WASHINGTON, D.C.: Peace Concert at Washington National Cathedral

10/17/2007

>> BERKELEY, California: Conference for Prospective Seminary Students at

CDSP

10/18/2007

>> PARIS, France: American Churches in Europe to meet in convention >> MEDFORD, Massachusetts: H.H. Richardson Lecture

10/19/2007

>> APPLETON, Wisconsin: Diocese of Fond Du Lac to meet in convention >> MOLINE, Illinois: Diocese of Quincy to meet in convention >> CALIFORNIA: Diocese of California to meet in convention >> TOPEKA, Kansas: Diocese of Kansas to meet in convention >> POST FALLS, Idaho: Diocese of Spokane to meet in convention >> PHOENIX, Arizona: Diocese of Arizona will meet in convention >> GARDEN CITY, Kansas: Diocese of Western Kansas to meet in convention >> HARTFORD, Connecticut: Diocese of Connecticut to meet in convention >> DALLAS, Texas: Diocese of Dallas to meet in convention >> ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico: Diocese of Rio Grande to meet in convention >> SAGINAW, Michigan: Diocese of Eastern Michigan to meet in convention

10/20/2007

>> VENICE, Florida: Diocese of Southwest Florida to meet in convention

10/21/2007

>> WASHINGTON, D.C.: State of Virginia to be celebrated at Cathedral >> PUERTO RICO: Diocese of Puerto Rico to meet in convention

10/22/2007

>> ORLANDO, Florida: Start Up Start Over seminar

10/25/2007

>> WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina: Primeros Pasos

10/26/2007

>> DEARBORN, Michigan: Executive Council to meet >> IDAHO FALLS, Idaho: Diocese of Idaho to meet in convention >> PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island: Diocese of Rhode Island to meet in convention >> ST. PAUL, Minnesota: Diocese of Minnesota to meet in convention >> COLUMBIA, South Carolina: Diocese of Upper South Carolina to meet in convention >> SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts: Diocese of Western Massachusetts to meet in convention >> WESTERN NEW YORK: Diocese of Western New York to meet in convention >> AUSTIN, Texas: Visitors weekend at Seminary of the Southwest >> SAN JOAQUIN: Diocese of San Joaquin to meet in convention >> SAN ANGELO, Texas: Diocese of Northwest Texas to meet in convention >> COLUMBUS, Indianapolis: Diocese of Indianapolis to meet in convention >> LANSING, Michigan: Diocese of Michigan to meet in convention >> SALT LAKE CITY, Utah: Diocese of Utah to meet in convention >> HONOLULU, Hawaii: Diocese of Hawaii to meet in convention >> BANGOR, Maine: Diocese of Maine to meet in convention

10/27/2007 >> LYNN, Massachusetts: MDG workshops >> JACKSONVILLE, Illinois: Diocese of Springfield to meet in convention >> NORTHERN INDIANA: Diocese of Northern Indiana to meet in convention >> SALINAS, California: Diocese of El Camino Real to meet in convention

10/29/2007

>> AUGUSTA, Georgia: Cynthia Bourgeault to lead seminar

10/30/2007 >> HOUSTON, Texas: Leadership and Faith

Music 9/28/2007 >> BIRMINGHAM, Alabama: Mid-day Musical Menu

9/29/2007

>> PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island: Music at Park Place

9/30/2007

>> WASHINGTON, D.C.: Festival Worship Service >> BENNINGTON, Vermont: Festival Choral Eucharist >> WICKFORD, Rhode Island: Evensong and concert

10/4/2007 >> NEW YORK CITY: Music that Makes Community

10/13/2007

>> MILFORD, Massachusetts: Concerts at the Corner

10/14/2007 >> BIRMINGHAM, Alabama: Choral Evensong

10/19/2007

>> WATERBURY, Connecticut: Festival of Choirs

10/20/2007

>> MEMPHIS, Tennessee: Emmanuel Music and Arts Festival

10/21/2007

>> THE PLAINS, Virginia: Grace Church Concert Series

10/26/2007 >> BIRMINGHAM, Alabama: Mid-day Musical Menu

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Catalyst: "Thank You, God: A Child's Prayer" from High Street Press, by Joan Sharpe, 44 pages, paperback, c. 2007, $9.95

[Source: High Street Press] Thank You, God -- A Child's Prayer is a simple prayer for little children. It advocates an appreciation of nature's beauty and life's simple pleasures. The clear, simple language makes for easy reading, and its winsome illustrations give an appealing form to the text. Short, sweet and comforting, it is a good choice for bedtime.

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, or call 800.903.5544 -- or visit your local Episcopal bookseller, http://www.episcopalbooksellers.org