From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

CRC NEWS: CRC Appoints Pastor as Director of Ministerial Candidacy

From "Henry Hess" <hessh@crcna.ca>
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:19:13 -0400

Oct. 25, 2007 - Grand Rapids, Mich.: The Christian Reformed Church in North America has picked a veteran pastor to lead the work of finding and training its future ministers.

Rev. David R. Koll will serve as Director of Ministerial Candidacy, beginning in January 2008. He will be based at the denominational office in Grand Rapids, Mich.

This is a new position responsible for helping to identify prospective candidates and supervising their preparation to serve as ministers in the Christian Reformed Church (CRC).

As director, Koll will provide overall leadership to and implement the work of the Synodical Ministerial Candidacy Committee. He also will provide training and support to the work of classical (regional) ministry leadership teams across the denomination.

Koll is a native of Grand Rapids and a graduate of Calvin College and Calvin Theological Seminary. He currently serves as senior pastor of the Anaheim (CA) Christian Reformed Church and is active in leadership in Classis Greater Los Angeles. He previously served as pastor of Good Shepherd CRC in Flushing, Mich.

Rev. Gerard (Jerry) Dykstra, executive director of the CRC, said he is delighted with the appointment.

"David Koll brings a wonderful combination of expertise, experience, and passion to the candidacy process of the Christian Reformed Church," Dykstra said.

"I am pleased that he has accepted this position and I look forward to working with him and the Synodical Ministerial Candidacy Committee as we seek and encourage those who have been called to ministry in the Christian Reformed Church."

The Christian Reformed Church is a denomination with about 275,000 members in more than 1,000 congregations across the United States and Canada, working to express the good news of God's kingdom that transforms lives and communities worldwide. For more information, please visit our website at www.crcna.org <http://www.crcna.org/> .

-30-

For more information, contact:

Jerry Dykstra, Executive Director

616-224-0832