From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Rothenberger To Leave Office Of The General Secretary

From "Jayne, Andy" <Andy.Jayne@abc-usa.org>
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:44:02 -0400

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 10/29/07) - Wendy Rothenberger, director of Operations and Human Resources Development, will leave her position with the Office of the General Secretary, American Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA) effective Nov 3. She has accepted a call to become the new director of Human Resources for the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service and Lutheran World Relief in Baltimore, Md.

"Wendy has been an outstanding colleague and an invaluable resource to this organization and we will be sad to see her go," said Rev. A. Roy Medley, ABCUSA general secretary. "But, we are pleased for her as this new assignment will add an international dimension to her already proven skills and will continue her wonderful service to Christ's church."

Rothenberger came to the organization in 1992 and served the majority of her years in the area of human resources. During her tenure as director, employees were introduced to such value-added services as Flexible Spending Accounts, Premium Conversion Plans, and a Wellness Partners program.

"I am very thankful for the many wonderful years that I have spent with ABC," said Rothenberger. "I was blessed to have supervisors and colleagues who challenged me and encouraged me to achieve more than I ever thought possible. The decision to accept this new opportunity was not an easy one but I believe that God will continue to utilize my gifts and abilities in new and different ways."

Johnson Eapen, currently the associate director of Human Resource Development, will serve as acting director. Human Resource Development serves the Office of the General Secretary, International Ministries, American Baptist Foundation and the Associated Ministry Organizations.

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches, USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/