From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Huse Named American Baptist Foundation Representative

From "Jayne, Andy" <Andy.Jayne@abc-usa.org>
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:49:47 -0500

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 01/17/08) - The Rev. Dr. Joseph D. Huse of Flora, Indiana has been named Foundation Representative for Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio.

This appointment, effective February 15, was announced by Dr. John B. Jacobs, Foundation president. In this position Huse will work with regional staff and local church pastors and lay leaders to encourage estate planning that will support American Baptist ministry.

Huse has had extensive experience serving congregations - from his most recent work as Minister of Mission Resource Development for the American Baptist Churches of Greater Indianapolis to his management positions with the Indiana Youth Institute and his youth ministry and pastoral positions in New England, Indiana, Illinois, and North Dakota.

In these roles, Huse has taught stewardship courses, coordinated mission work groups responding to the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, written and developed curriculum, conducted training sessions, and led congregations to grow in membership and giving. Huse graduated from Andover Newton Theological School in 1970 and earned his Doctor of Ministry degree from Bakke Graduate University in 2007. As an active community member, Huse has had leadership responsibilities in service clubs, community action groups, and health organizations.

Lawrence E. Wilson III, executive vice president of the Foundation with responsibilities for field staff management, states: "It is God's gift - and our joy - when we discover a person of Joseph's caliber and talent to add to our staff. I sense that his finding his way to the Foundation is a kind of reward, really, for the Foundation's tireless efforts over many years on behalf of the Kingdom, and for Joseph's lifelong response to Christ's call. I have no doubt that he, with all of his passion and professional experience, will help 'raise all boats' to the benefit of the American Baptist congregations and organizations we serve, the strength of our dynamic denomination, and the glory and grace of our loving God."

Huse and his wife, Dinah, have two children and two grandchildren.

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/