From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] House of Bishops issues statements, resolution

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:43:10 -0400

Episcopal News Service March 12, 2008

House of Bishops issues statements, resolution

[Episcopal News Service] The House of Bishops, during its business session on Wednesday afternoon, March 12, approved a statement concerning the upcoming Lambeth Conference and a resolution calling for an end to "waterboarding" torture. The bishops, meeting at Camp Allen in Texas, also issued a statement concerning the House's morning actions of consenting to the deposition of John-David Schofield and William Cox.

The House of Bishops statement on Schofield, Cox is available at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79901_95615_ENG_HTM.htm

The House of Bishops statement on the Lambeth Conference is available at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79901_95614_ENG_HTM.htm

The House of Bishops resolution on 'waterboarding' is available at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79901_95613_ENG_HTM.htm