From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[LCMSNews] Heine, Biggs begin work in new posts

From "LCMS e-News" <LCMSENEWS@lcms.org>
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:30:38 -0500

3.14.2008 LCMS News

THE LUTHERAN CHURCH Missouri Synod

March 14, 2008 .................... LCMSNews -- No. 20

Heine, Biggs begin work in new BCS posts

James H. Heine of St. Louis and Vicki Biggs of Eureka, Mo., are serving in new positions with the Synod's Board for Communication Services (BCS).

Heine, 57, is the new managing editor of the LCMS magazine, The Lutheran Witness.

Heine had been the magazine's interim managing editor since July 2007, and began serving in the post permanently Jan. 16. He succeeds Don Folkemer, who retired last June after serving eight years.

For the past decade, Heine has been principal of Editorial Solutions, a communications firm he founded in 1997. He has more than 30 years experience as a writer and editor, including nearly 20 years as an editor at Concordia Publishing House. He also is the author of two children's books and the editor of a book on church communications.

"To become the managing editor of The Lutheran Witness is a great blessing and an extraordinary opportunity to again serve the church and our faith," Heine said.

Biggs, 47, began serving in July as the department's director of media relations and public affairs, succeeding David Strand, who now serves as BCS executive director. She joined the Communications staff in March 2006, and had served most recently as its manager of Public Affairs/Media Relations.

Before joining the BCS, Biggs had 19 years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, special events, and administrative management for various businesses and organizations in the St. Louis area, including Big Brothers Big Sisters.

"It is a joy to serve the Lord as we work to communicate the news of LCMS ministry nationally and around the world," Biggs said. "I appreciate the opportunity I've been given with this position, and I look forward to working with this fine team to grow the Synod's public relations function."

To contact Heine, call (314) 996-1212 or send an e-mail to jim.heine@lcms.org <mailto:jim.heine@lcms.org> ; Biggs is available at (314) 996-1236 or vicki.biggs@lcms.org <mailto:vicki.biggs@lcms.org> .

If you have questions or comments about this LCMSNews release, contact Joe Isenhower Jr. at joe.isenhower@lcms.org <mailto:joe.isenhower@lcms.org> or (314) 996-1231, or Paula Schlueter Ross at paula.ross@lcms.org <mailto:paula.ross@lcms.org> or (314) 996-1230.

This Edition of "LCMS News" e-News is provided by:

Board for Communication Services, Division of News and Information

Contact Editor

<http://www.lcms.org/enews/contact_editor.asp?title=LCMS%20News&editori d =6>

This LCMS e-News message comes from a "Send Only" mailbox that does not recognize replies. To reply to this message, please click on "Contact Editor" above.

_____