From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Denies Association with Bear Stearns Lawsuit

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:51:45 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA 8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10075-0106 Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215 Web: http://www.goarch.org Email: communications@goarch.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 28, 2008

Contact: Nikki Stephanopoulos Tel.: 212-774-0244

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Denies Association with Bear Stearns Lawsuit

New York, NY - On Tuesday March 25, 2008 several news organizations reported a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in New York by the "Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Foundation" against Bear Stearns. Some headlines also misrepresented the lawsuit with the title "Greek Orthodox Archdiocese sues Bear Stearns".

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America would like to clarify that the "Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Foundation" of Vaduz, Liechtenstein is not associated with the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America or any of its Parishes and affiliated Endowments or Institutions. At present the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America has no information on who or what this Foundation represents.

We regret any confusion this may have caused to individuals or organizations associated with our Archdiocese and have asked for a retraction from certain news organizations regarding their reporting of the case.