From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: ABCUSA Unveils New Stewardship Web Pages

From "Jayne, Andy" <Andy.Jayne@abc-usa.org>
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:06:09 -0400

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 04/17/08) - Mission Resource Development within the Office of the General Secretary is pleased to announce the debut of new stewardship pages on the American Baptist Churches USA Web site. This site will provide support for anyone engaged in stewardship promotion, including pastors and local church stewardship committees. Designed to be user friendly, these new pages include real-life stories of how United Mission dollars are at work in our world. Articles of interest, links to other resources and motivational stories can also be found in this one location.

"We are pleased to provide this timely assistance to our churches," said Rev. A. Roy Medley, general secretary for ABCUSA. "We are confident that the support on these pages will help our churches as they work to be the hands and feet of Christ in our world."

To get there from the www.abc-usa.org homepage, follow either of these menu paths: For Churches / Financial Support / Stewardship or For Clergy / Stewardship. Viewers may also click here <http://www.abc-usa.org/leadership/stewardship/stewardship_page/slices/s tewardship_page.htm> to go directly to the site. These new pages are a large step forward in providing easy-to-use support for the important task of stewardship awareness.

During its development, all of the regional Ministers of Mission Support and a few other key persons had the opportunity to review the site and provide feedback. It is expected that ongoing feedback from the regions and from local churches will allow the site to continue to grow to meet the changing needs of our denomination.

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/