From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

UCC Launches "Our Faith Our Vote" web site

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:40:25 -0700

Our Faith Our Vote

What's new: State by state voter registration guides from the National Campaign for Fair Elections. Know your rights! Click <http://www.nationalcampaignforfairelections.org/pages/2008_voter_registration_guides>here for more info.

What do you care about?

[]

Is it health care? The separation of church and state? The environment? Our right to free speech? Regardless of what matters most in your life the 2008 elections will have an enormous impact on these issues. Now more than ever, all faith voices need to be heard in the political process. It is our right and our duty to participate in forming a government that reflects the will of its people.

Your vote will make a difference. Matters of poverty, racism and struggle are not isolated to far off lands but are present in every corner of our great nation. An educated electorate can be a powerful voice in lifting up and eradicating injustice across this land. We can literally transform this great nation with our vote. <http://www.ucc.org/ourfaithourvote/our-faith-our-vote-downloads.html
[]

"Shout out, do not hold back! Lift up your voice like a trumpet!" (Isaiah 58:1)

The message is clear. This is our faith and our vote.

Want to get involved?

<http://www.ucc.org/ourfaithourvote/be-active.html>Be Active - Get resources and inspiration for participating in the elections.

<http://www.ucc.org/ourfaithourvote/be-smart.html>Be Smart - Get insights into hot issues. <http://www.ucc.org/ourfaithourvote/be-aware.html>Be Aware - What will be on your ballot in November? <http://www.ucc.org/ourfaithourvote/your-elections-be-vocal.html>Be Vocal - Share your experiences. What's happening in your area?