From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

WARC Endowment Fund launched

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:36:32 -0700

19.08.2008

WARC Endowment Fund launched

The World Alliance of Reformed Churches (WARC) has announced the establishment of the WARC Endowment Fund with the Presbyterian Foundation in the United States.

An initial investment of (U.S.) $25,000 has been raised and more donations are now being sought, said WARC general secretary Setri Nyomi.

"We are extremely grateful to a few of our member churches and the members of the Executive Committee for their personal donations to allow WARC to raise the opening sum," Nyomi said.

The Presbyterian Foundation, one of the oldest foundations in the United States, is responsible for managing the WARC Endowment Fund. Income generated from the fund goes to WARC to support its work.

The Presbyterian Foundation will work with donors who wish to support the WARC Endowment Fund through wills and bequests, gift annuities or charitable trusts.

The Endowment Fund is meant to ensure the future of WARC and the World Communion of Reformed Churches (WCRC), to be formed out of a union of WARC with the Reformed Ecumenical Council (REC) in 2010.

To achieve this, the fund will have to build up to a level of several million dollars. "It is hoped that the momentum of donations to the fund will continue. It is also hoped that the member churches will be in a position to commit to the fund, over and above their usual annual membership contributions," Nyomi added.

Anyone wishing to donate to the WARC Endowment Fund may do so by sending a cheque made out to the World Alliance of Reformed Churches; by making a bank transfer; or by using our website (www.warc.ch under "DONATE.") Please contact WARC at warc@warc.ch so that we can identify your donation.

Donors may also send a cheque directly to the Presbyterian Foundation (200 East Twelfth Street, Jeffersonville, IN 47130, USA) and designate it to the WARC Endowment Fund.