From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Archbishop of Canterbury Congratulates Patriarch of Moscow

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:11:12 -0800

Greeting to His Holiness Kyrill on the day of his Enthronement as
Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia

Posted On : February 2, 2009 10:06 AM | Posted By : Webmaster
ACNS: http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2009/2/2/ACNS4565
Related Categories: ACO - Primates Meeting

Your Holiness, Dear Brother

The Primates of the Churches of the Anglican Communion, gathered in
Alexandria in Egypt, have asked me to convey our warm and fraternal
greetings to you, our brother in Christ, on your election to the
Patriarchate of Moscow and All Russia. This is an ancient and noble
office, and one to which all the Christian world looks for an exemplary
Christian witness.

The Churches of the Anglican Communion throughout the world have always
valued and respected their links to the Orthodox Churches, and not least
their warm relations with the Patriarchate of Moscow, and we trust that
these fraternal bonds may be upheld and sustained in the years ahead as
you embark on your ministry.

We welcome your election to this office, and offer you our sincere
congratulations, and the promise of our prayers as you assume this
burden of office, which is also a joy in the service of the Lord. May He
who has called you to this work grant you every grace and spiritual
nourishment to sustain you in it.

Axios!

With fraternal love and blessing:

+ Rowan Cantuar: