From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Church of Ireland Press Release Attacks at Massereene Barracks

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:16:25 -0700

Press Release from the Church of Ireland

Posted On : March 9, 2009 10:30 AM | Posted By : Webmaster
ACNS: ACNS4588
Related Categories: Ireland

Attacks at Massereene Barracks, Co. Antrim

Statement by the Archbishop of Armagh

From the Most Revd Alan Harper, OBE, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of
All Ireland:

The lethal attack on Massereene Barracks leaving two people dead and
four injured is deeply distressing and deplorable. I send my heartfelt
sympathy to those who have been bereaved or injured.

It has been clear for some time that there are forces of evil intent on
destabilising our community and returning to days of confrontation such
as we knew in the past but have been steadily working to move beyond.
Across our community, efforts must be redoubled to create a respectful
and inclusive society that ensures that there is no place in our midst
for agents of terror. We remember those affected by this incident as we
continue to pray for a sustained peace.

ENDS

Issued by:
Church of Ireland