From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

GOA Fr. James Kordaris Appointed Director of Stewardship

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:56:31 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10075-0106
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0237
Web: http://www.goarch.org  - Email: communications@goarch.org

Contact: PRESS OFFICE
Stavros Papagermanos
pressoffice@goarch.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2009

Fr. JAMES KORDARIS APPOINTED DIRECTOR OF STEWARDSHIP,
OUTREACH AND EVANGELISM

NEW YORK ? His Eminence Arrchbishop Demetrios has announced the appointment of Fr. James Kordaris to the position of Director of Stewardship, Outreach & Evangelism. Since 2003, Fr. Kordaris has served the Archdiocese as Director of Outreach & Evangelism.

In announcing this appointment, Archbishop Demetrios commented, â??This new department, being the result of merging two departments, will renew our focus on Stewardship resources and education while advancing Outreach and Evangelism and producing practical and modern resources for Parish Ministry.  We entrust the leadership of Stewardship Ministries into the able hands of Fr. James Kordaris. These new responsibilities will surely complement his work in the area of outreach and evangelism and continue our work under the ongoing theme of our last Clergy-Laity Congress, Gather My People to My Home.â??

Fr. Kordaris will work together with the Stewardship Commission and the Outreach & Evangelism Advisory Board of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese. Both are comprised of representatives from each Metropolis and the Direct Archdiocesan District and were formed to share best practices from parishes throughout the country and support Archdiocesan efforts to provide guidance and practical resources to the parishes.

Fr. Kordaris was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He has BA (1979) and MBA (1983) degrees from the University of Minnesota. He served St. Maryâ??s Greek Orthodox Church in Minneapolis in many capacities, including Parish Council President and Stewardship Chair. Following twelve years in the financial services industry, he entered Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, receiving his Master of Divinity degree in 1999. He was ordained to the Diaconate in 1998 and to the Priesthood in 1999. He has served parishes in Jamaica, NY and Roslyn Heights, NY, and has been the Director of Outreach and Evangelism since  2003.

== 30 ==