From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS - Networks of the Anglican Communion Podcast 3

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 17:58:11 -0700

The Networks of the Anglican Communion Podcast 3

Posted On : May 7, 2009 4:50 PM | Posted By : Webmaster
ACNS: http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2009/5/7/ACNS4611
Related Categories: ACC

Our Anglican Communion uses a variety of resources to enable us to
fulfil the great commission of Christ, "to go and make disciples of all
nations". Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit the Bible is our primary
resource while our prayer and worship books assist us in this task.

In this decade the Millennium Development Goals and the Five Marks of
Mission have become an important consideration when we set our agendas
and move forward together in the communion. One group that has helped us
to do this is The Anglican Peace and Justice Network It brings together
representatives appointed by the primates for a triennial consultation
on issues of conflict resolution, human rights and economic and
environmental justice, lifting up the voices of women, young people and
all those marginalized by oppressive systems.

The Network isn't shy in challenging the Church. In a 2007 communiqué
after their meetings in Kigali, Rwanda and Bujumbura, Burundi they said
the following,

"In many situations, including Burundi, the Church has the difficult and
sometimes dangerous task of speaking out against unjust political
conditions, where political parties are divided because of personal
interest, where violence continues due to the unchecked spread of
armaments and where agreements between rebel groups and governments are
not being honoured. It is therefore even more necessary that a global
church lends all its support with the local church to ensure that the
world wide Anglican communion is seen to be a prophetic voice in
society.

The Anglican Communion as a worldwide church of over 80 million people
must increase its voice and its resources and advocate on behalf of
those who are seemingly powerless, but most affected by these harsh
conditions. We call on the Communion to preach the message of
reconciliation by action and to assist in the facilitation of dialogue
in situations of need as is happening in some areas. The Network will
undertake as one of its projects to identify resources for conflict
transformation that can be utilized in provinces and churches in the
important work of reconciliation."

In this podcast APJN's convener, Dr. Jenny Te Paa of Aotearoa, New
Zealand and Polynesia speaks in a passionate way about the critical work
of justice and peace in all areas of conflict and violence and sees it
as central to the mission of the Church to reconcile all things to
Christ.

Duration: 11:14 | File Size: 4.5MB

Download Episode here:

http://www.aco.org/daily/podcasts/source/apjn.mp3