From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

TCN: Purple wristbands remind youth against complaining

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:14:26 -0700

>Taiwan Church News

>2995 Edition

>July 20~26, 2009

Purple wristbands remind youth against complaining

>Reported by Chen Wei-jian

>Written by Lydia Ma

Taipei Bread of Life Church recently organized an “Arts & Crafts  Character-Building Camp” on the grounds of Tunghai University in  Taichung and about 5,000 junior and senior high school students

attended this camp. Students not only learned new skills, but were also  taught to think positively and refrain from complaining.

Taichung Mayor Jason Hu made a brief appearance during the camp.  “Let’s put on these purple wristbands and let’s stop  complaining. Yes, we can!” said Hu.

Purple wristbands will be distributed in more than 2,000 schools in  Taiwan so that over 100,000 students can wear them and remind themselves  to stop complaining. Taichung City Government

Department of Education plans to distribute wristbands in more than 100  high school classes across the city once school resumes in the fall. It  hopes that purple wristbands will become a type of student

>movement in every school.

According to camp organizers, this is the 7th time that the camp has  been organized and this year's registration far exceeded expectations.  Besides learning good values through seminars, youth also

participated in sports, music, dance, acting, and arts seminars to  stretch their abilities and learn to appreciate life without  complaining.

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you acknowledge  the source as "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter  and writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to: enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/ (English)  http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)