From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

TCN: Notice on donations following Typhoon Morakot in Taiwan

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:51:19 -0700

Notice on donations following Typhoon Morakot in Taiwan

>Released by Taiwan Church News

The Presbyterian Church in Taiwan (PCT) received several messages  from

overseas concerning the typhoon Morakot that struck Taiwan the  weekend of 7-

>10 August 2009.

Please know the PCT is very grateful for your expressions of  concern. Initial

reports and investigations indicate the southern and eastern parts  of the country

incurred most damage, in particular Taitung and Pingtung counties.   As we know,

some areas had their equivalent of one year’s rainfall in two  days and the worst

>flooding recorded in 50 years in Taiwan.

The PCT General Assembly is already active and involved in the  national

disaster response relief and rescue work and doing their part as  best as they

can.  We are coordinating with our numerous Presbyteries setting  up relief

centers, phone help lines, dropping stations for donations in kind  and money.

We appreciate and welcome your financial support as you partner  with us in

reaching out to those affected by the storm with God’s love.  For further

information on how you can help, please visit PCT website at

http://www.pct.org.tw/english/  and click on "Typhoon" and then  "Giving and

Supporting" .  Inquiries may also be directed to  gs@mail.pct.org.tw

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local  languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you  acknowledge the source as "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the  reporter and writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print  publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:  enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/  (English) http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)