From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELD] 'All Our Children' rolls out nationwide as the 2009-10 school year kicks off

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:28:13 -0400

Episcopal Life Online is available at  http://www.episcopalchurch.org/elife.

>Today's Episcopal Life Daily includes:

* MISSION - 'All Our Children' rolls out nationwide as the 2009-10
school year kicks off
* WORLD REPORT - ENGLAND: Churches take to the airwaves to extend warm
welcome
* DAYBOOK - September 15: Today in Scripture, Prayer, History
* CATALYST - Feathers of Green Gold - The Office of Compline & 10 Psalms

>_____________________

>MISSION

'All Our Children' rolls out nationwide as the 2009-10 school year kicks  off

>By Lynette Wilson

[Episcopal News Service] Two things one can expect to encounter in
cities and towns nationwide are the familiar "The Episcopal Church
Welcomes You" sign and a public school - and now the Church has a plan
to bring the two together.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_114682_ENG_HTM.htm

More Mission: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>WORLD REPORT

ENGLAND: Churches take to the airwaves to extend warm welcome

[Church of England] As half a million people across the U.K. are set
to receive personal invitations "back to church" in the next few days,
thousands more will be hearing their invitation over the breakfast
table or on their drive home, thanks to a "time share" scheme being
used to help churches spread their message on commercial radio.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_114678_ENG_HTM.htm

More World news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>DAYBOOK

>On September 15, 2009...

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm

* Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm

* Today in History: On September 15, 1500, John Morton, Archbishop of
Canterbury, died in Knole House in Kent, England. On September 15,
1514, Thomas Wolsey was appointed Archbishop of York.

>_____________________

>CATALYST

"Feathers of Green Gold - The Office of Compline & 10 Psalms" from St.
Mark's Cathedral, Seattle, by the Compline Choir, directed by Peter R.
Hallock, CD, c. 1994, $17.98

[www.stmarks.org] This choir, under the direction of Peter Hallock,
set off a liturgical revolution with their singing the medieval Office
of Compline. Begun in 1954, St. Mark's Cathedral (Seattle) is packed
with young people every Sunday night at 9:30 to hear the half-hour
service in a darkened church. This recording of the service is
followed by ten Psalms for men's choir by Peter Hallock. Mysterious,
beautiful, and timeless, this group's Compline service has become the
catalyst for a worldwide revival of this ancient liturgy.

>On this CD:

>Bidding Prayer
>Orison Now The Day is Over (Joseph Barnby)
>Opening Sentences
>Psalm 91 (Peter Hallock)
>The Lesson and Response
>Office Hymn (Mode VIII and Thomas Tallis)
>Nunc Dimittis (Tone VII and Tallis)
>Creed, Confession, Absolution and Collects
>Final Preces and Responses
>Psalm 23 (Hallock)
>Psalm 24 (Hallock)
>Psalm 46 (Hallock)
>Psalm 68 (Hallock)
>Psalm 73 (Hallock)
>Psalm 97 (Hallock)
>Psalm 104 (Hallock)
>Psalm 121 (Hallock)
>Psalm 139 (Hallock)
>Psalm 150 (Stanford and Hallock)

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at
http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, or call 800-903-5544 -- or visit
your local Episcopal bookseller, http://www.episcopalbooksellers.org