From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

TCN: Church helps seeking local judges understand the Bible and Christianity

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 05:43:49 -0700

>      Taiwan Church News

>3004 Edition

>September 21-27, 2009

Church helps seeking local judges understand the Bible and  Christianity

>Reported by Chen Wei-jian

>Written by Lydia Ma

In this confusing day and age, the law is often considered as  people’s last line of

defense and judges called to interpret the law also need our  prayers and support.

Sensing their need, Changhua Presbytery’s Yuan Dung Road  Church started a

small Bible study group in partnership with a few seekers who work  at Changhua

District Court. The group will focus mainly on studying the Bible  and reaching out

to each other so that seekers who want to have a personal  relationship with

>Jesus can find help and encouragement.

Beginning in September 2009, five or six district court judges and  other

employees working at Changhua District Court will gather during  lunch time every

Tuesday and meet with Yuan Dung Road’s pastor Rev. Liu  De-shing to study the

Bible together. There are two new Christians in the group and the  rest are

>seekers.

Liu reported that his church has a good relationship with the  community and

some of his church members are also teachers who happen to teach  some of

these judges’ children. In the past three years, the  judges’ dormitory had invited

Yuan Dung Church to stop by for Christmas caroling and the church  had also

>invited judges to attend some church events.

Recently, church staff received a phone call from one of the  judges inviting Rev.

Liu to study the Bible with him and his co-workers. The group  hopes that through

Bible studies led by Rev. Liu members will get to know the Bible  in detail and

>mature in their faith.

According to Liu, these judges are fairly young, very humble, and  deeply aware

that they need more faith. Therefore, they have chosen to study  the books of

Matthew and Hebrews to learn what the Bible says about faith and  from there

>gain a deeper understanding of Christianity.

The church also regularly prays for them and their daily needs in  hopes of guiding

these seeking judges into becoming Christians and regular  churchgoers.

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local  languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you  acknowledge the source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and  writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print  publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:  enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/  (English) http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)