From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

TCN: Hong Kong Christian media records God’s presence during Typhoon Morakot

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:27:20 -0700

>      Taiwan Church News

>3004 Edition

>September 21-27, 2009

Hong Kong Christian media records God’s presence during  Typhoon Morakot

>Reported by Chiou Kuo-rong

>Written by Lydia Ma

Most Typhoon Morakot victims staying at military barracks are  Christian

Aborigines who lost their homes when mudslides and floods washed  away their

reserves. To reach out to victims and also report on the aftermath  of the typhoon,

Hong-Kong based The Media Evangelism Limited traveled to Taiwan to

interview Aborigine church members from Rukai district and hear  their

testimonies about how God carried them through this tragedy.

According to its website, The Media Evangelism Limited (TME) is a  charitable

Christian organization committed to building a Christian media  presence by

using every modern means of communication to promote the  God’s kingdom.

TME also publishes Angel’s Heart monthly magazine.

Crew members from TME arrived to Taiwan between September 10~12  and

stayed only a few days. According to one of its reporters, it was  a heart-

wrenching experience to enter flooded areas and hear church youth  recount how

mudslides washed away their homes and how five of their friends  were still

missing. Some villagers are still looking for missing friends and  families.

Youth also pointed crew members to a site where a helicopter crash  took the

lives of rescue workers who were attempting to save victims. As  they recounted

this story of rescue workers perishing in the line of duty, crew  members’ also

expressed grief and sympathy at such a tragedy.

“However, as we continued our interview amid the drizzle, we  noticed the rain

had actually created a rainbow just behind us,” said a crew  member. All TME

members were amazed at such a sight and marveled that God would  use a

rainbow to remind them of His presence with them no matter what  life may bring.

TME Angel’s Heart magazine will publish interviews with  typhoon victims in its

September issue and focus on how people can face similar tragedies

courageously because of their faith in God. Testimonies from staff  and students

from Tainan Theological College who volunteered in the aftermath  of the typhoon

will also be included in the magazine’s report.

For more information, visit http://www.media.org.hk/

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local  languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you  acknowledge the source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and  writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print  publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:  enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/  (English) http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)