From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Projected Schedule for RCCongress 2010 - Chicago April 7 - 10

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:57:54 -0700

Projected Schedule for RCCongress 2010

Online schedule is here:  http://www.rccongress2010.org/program/schedule.shtml

Schedule is subject to change

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:00 a.m.

Registration Opens

12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Pre-Congress Seminar:

Global Media, Global Religion: Research on Popular Media and the
Remaking of Religions led by Stewart M. Hoover and Nabil Echchaibi

12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Pre-Congress Tour:

Sacred Architecture of Chicago Tour: a walking tour of sacred spaces
in the Chicago Loop led by Deirdre Colgan

2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Resource Plaza and Exhibits Open

6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Opening Banquet and Program

Robin Roberts (invited) and a multi-faith comedy team to delight you

Thursday, April 8, 2010: Social Change

7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
Cooperating Organization Meetings

7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Resource Plaza and Exhibits Open

8:15 a.m.
Gathering and Celebrating the Sacred

8:45 a.m.
Plenary: A Society of Change
A presentation on who we are and the challenges we face

10:00 a.m.
Panel: Changing Society, Changing Media

Moderated by Martin Marty with a panel of distinguished reporters
including Barbara Bradley Hagerty

11:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Lunch: on your own

Cooperating Organization Meetings
12:00 noon

Roundtable Interest Groups
2:15 - 3:30 p.m.

Workshops
3:30 - 3:45 p.m.

Break

3:45 - 5:00 p.m.
Workshops

4:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Resource Plaza and Exhibits Open

5:30 p.m.
Dinner: on your own
Cooperating Organization Meetings

7:45 p.m.
Evening Events

9:30 p.m.
Gathering and Celebrating the Sacred

10:00 p.m.
International Film and Video Festival
Other Events

Friday, April 9, 2010: Religious Change

7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
Group Meetings

7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Resource Plaza and Exhibits Open

8:15 a.m.
Gathering and Celebrating the Sacred
Time TBA

Plenary: Moving in Faith
Otis Moss, III
Pastor, Trinity United Church of Christ, Chicago

Plenary: Faith Movements
Ingrid Mattson
Professor of Islamic Studies and Christian-Muslim Relations, Director
of the Islamic Chaplaincy Program at Hartford Seminary, and President
of the Islamic Society of North America

Plenary: Pluralism
Diana Eck
Professor of Comparative Religion and Indian Studies at Harvard
University, Frederic Wertham Professor of Law and Psychiatry in
Society at Harvard University, and Director of The Pluralism Project

11:45 a.m.
Lunch: on your own
Cooperating Organization Meetings
Roundtable Interest Groups

2:15 - 3:30 p.m.
Workshops

3:30 - 3:45 p.m.
Break

3:45 - 5:00 p.m.
Workshops

5:00 p.m.
Resource Plaza and Exhibits Close

5:30 p.m.
Dinner: on your own
Cooperating Organization Meetings

6:00 p.m.

Wilbur Awards Reception, Banquet, and Program (requires separate ticket)

7:00 p.m.
Evening Events

9:30 p.m.
Gathering and Celebrating the Sacred

10:00 p.m.
International Film and Video Festival
Evening Events

Saturday, April 10, 2010: Technological Change

7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
Cooperating Organization Meetings

8:15 a.m.
Gathering and Celebrating the Sacred

8:45 a.m.
Plenary: Surveying the Digital Future

Jeffrey Cole
Center for the Digital Future, USC

10:00 a.m.
Plenary: Late Breaking News

11:45 a.m.
Lunch: on your own

11:45 a.m.
Offsite Tours

(Under consideration) Broadcast Museum; Freedom Center at Chicago Tribune

2:15 - 3:30 p.m.
Workshops

3:30 - 3:45 p.m.
Break

3:45 - 5:00 p.m.
Workshops

6:30 - 10:00 p.m.
Closing Banquet: Taking Change Home

Speakers, entertainment, and good food

Interfaith Youth Core will share a multi-voice, interfaith,
spoken-word performance that illuminates the religious experiences of
young people in contemporary America