From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

LWI Council Press Release No. 01/2009 LWF Eleventh Assembly Web Site Launched

From "LWFNews" <LWFNews@lutheranworld.org>
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:56:25 +0200

>LUTHERAN WORLD INFORMATION
>LWI News online:
>http://www.lutheranworld.org/News/Welcome.EN.html

>LWI Council Press Release No. 01/2009

LWF Eleventh Assembly Web Site Launched

Churches Invited to Join Virtual Journey to Stuttgart

GENEVA, 22 October 2009 (LWI) - Taking part in the Eleventh
Assembly of the Lutheran World Federation (LWF) has just gotten a
little bit easier.

The newly launched LWF Assembly Web site at www.lwf-assembly.org
will facilitate involvement of all members of the LWF communion,
ecumenical partners, media and other interested persons in the
20-27 July 2010 gathering in Stuttgart, Germany.

Organized by keywords, core content in the LWF's languages -
English, French, German, Spanish-gives a comprehensive
introduction to this major international meeting at which
Lutherans will make decisions on the future direction of the
organization as well as share experiences and worship together.

"The LWF Eleventh Assembly Web site is an invitation to churches
worldwide to join the Lutheran communion on its journey toward
Stuttgart," noted Ms Karin Achtelstetter, director and
editor-in-chief of the LWF Office for Communication Services.

The site's first navigational category "Participate" contains a
virtual handbook for those attending the Assembly, with
information on logistics, rules of procedure and other details.
Sub-categories target delegates and media.

However, content is not limited to those who will be present in
Stuttgart, Achtelstetter pointed out. The Web site is an open
invitation to delve into prayer and action in both one's personal
life and one's congregation guided by the Assembly theme "Give Us
Today Our Daily Bread," she emphasized.

The area "Explore" offers feature stories, biblical reflections
and insights into regional realities with respect to the Assembly
theme. A video reflection by LWF President Bishop Mark S. Hanson
kicks off a series highlighting voices from the communion on the
meaning of daily bread. Readers also will be able to learn more
about topics that will feature in assembly deliberations.

Kirchenrat Klaus Rieth, head of the Section for Mission,
Ecumenical Affairs and Development Work of the assembly host
church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Württemberg, expressed
great excitement over the launch of the new site.

With sections such as "Journey," comprising the various
gatherings and reflections paving the road to Stuttgart, Rieth
called the site "a significant step" in the Assembly preparation
process. Readers can follow news from the seven Pre-Assemblies
and engage in related discussion through tools such as the
newly-launched Women's Pre-Assembly blog.

A fourth section under the keyword "Experience" will give the
opportunity to follow the assembly as it unfolds next July, with
the latest news and official decisions. Video material and photos
will pass on echoes from Village Group discussions, public
hearings, worship and other activities.

Quick links give easy access to all important Assembly documents
and Lutheran World Information (LWI) Assembly coverage in English
and German as these become available. Member churches and others
also can download the Assembly logo for publicity use.

The host church is providing the technical framework for the Web
site. Close collaboration with its media center - Evangelisches
Medienhaus - has resulted in a user-friendly site based on the
popular Content Management System Typo3.

"The LWF Eleventh Assembly Web site is a concrete example of the
excellent cooperation with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in
Württemberg," emphasized LWF General Secretary Rev. Dr Ishmael
Noko. "The launch of this site is a clear signal that we are well
on the way toward Stuttgart." (547 words)

Interested persons can join the journey at www.lwf-assembly.org.
(558 words)

*      *      *

Around 75 representatives from LWF member churches and partner
organizations are attending this year’s Council meeting at
Chavannes de Bogis near Geneva, Switzerland. An additional 90
registered participants include invited guests, stewards,
interpreters and translators, media persons and LWF staff.

The 49-member Council is the LWF’s governing body, meeting
every 12-18 months between Assemblies held every six years. The
current Council was appointed at the July 2003 Tenth Assembly in
Winnipeg, Canada. It comprises the President, Treasurer as well
as lay and ordained persons, representing the different LWF
regions.

The Council host church, the Federation of Evangelical Lutheran
Churches in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein has
6,818 members, and has been an LWF member church since 1979. It
is headed by Ms Dagmar Magold.

>For media related queries, please contact:
>LUTHERAN WORLD INFORMATION
>Tel.: +41/22-791 63 69
>Fax: +41/22-791 66 30
>E-Mail: pmu@lutheranworld.org

At Hotel Chavannes de Bogis, Tel. +41/22-960 81 81
Mobile Tel. +41/76 396 2863