From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELD] House of Deputies president sets out plan for naming vice president's successor / ONE Sunday a

From <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 04:28:45 -0500

Episcopal Life Online is available at  http://www.episcopalchurch.org/elife.

>Today's Episcopal Life Daily includes:

* TOP STORY - House of Deputies president sets out plan for naming
vice president's successor
* TOP STORY - ONE Sunday and support of Millennium Development Goals
is topic of Nov. 22 bulletin inserts
* DIOCESAN DIGEST - BETHLEHEM: Bishop gives permission for same-gender  blessings
* MISSION - ERD's gift matching fund on target to meet goal
* PEOPLE - Charles Knapp named General Theological Seminary's vice
president for advancement
* DAYBOOK - November 18: Today in Scripture, Prayer, History
* CATALYST - I Sing the Birth

>_____________________

>TOP STORIES

House of Deputies president sets out plan for naming vice president's  successor

>By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[Episcopal News Service] Episcopal Church House of Deputies President
Bonnie Anderson sent a letter Nov. 16 to diocesan deputies and first
alternates that outlined the process she will use for replacing the
Rev. Brian Prior as the house's vice president.

Prior was elected Oct. 31 to be the next bishop of the Diocese of
Minnesota. Pending consent, he will become the ninth bishop of
Minnesota on February 13.

Prior's vice president position will become vacant on that day,
Anderson said, according to Episcopal Church Canon V.4.1(b). Prior was
elected to a second term as vice president of the House of Deputies
during the July 8-17 meeting of General Convention in Anaheim,
California.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79901_116976_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

ONE Sunday and support of Millennium Development Goals is topic of
Nov. 22 bulletin inserts

ONE Sunday is a day each year on which congregations pray for and
commit to common action toward an end to global poverty. With text
from the Episcopal Church's Office of Government Relations, Episcopal
Life Weekly bulletin inserts for Nov. 22 mark ONE Sunday with
information about the Millennium Development Goals and what
congregations and individuals can do to help.

Bulletin inserts may be downloaded here:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/95270_ENG_HTM.htm

More Top Stories: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/elife

>_____________________

>DIOCESAN DIGEST

BETHLEHEM: Bishop gives permission for same-gender blessings

>By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[Episcopal News Service] Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem Bishop Paul
Marshall said Nov. 16 that he has established "interim measures" to
allow clergy to bless same-gender relationships.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_116930_ENG_HTM.htm

More Diocesan news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>MISSION

ERD's gift matching fund on target to meet goal

[ERD] Friends and supporters of Episcopal Relief and Development (ERD)
have been taking full advantage of the gift matching opportunity
recently created by two generous donors. Excited by the prospect of
having each contribution matched, dollar-for-dollar up to $250,000,
congregations and individuals have risen to the occasion, donating
more than $200,000 with 14 days still to go before the Nov. 30
deadline.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_116920_ENG_HTM.htm

More Mission: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>PEOPLE

Charles Knapp named General Theological Seminary's vice president for
advancement

[GTS] The Very Rev. Ward B. Ewing, dean and president of General
Theological Seminary (GTS), has announced that a highly experienced
development professional, Charles N. Knapp, has joined the staff as
vice president for institutional advancement and alumni/ae and church
relations. A New Yorker and a longtime Episcopalian, Knapp began his
duties on Nov. 9.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_116927_ENG_HTM.htm

More People: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>DAYBOOK

On November 18, 2009, the church remembers Hilda, Abbess of Whitby.

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm

* Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm

* Today in History: On November 18, 1874, Arthur Tozer Russell, hymn
translator, died at Rectory of Southwick, near Brighton, England.

>_____________________

>CATALYST

"I Sing the Birth" from Avie Records, by New York Polyphony, CD, c.  2007, $19.95

[New York Polyphony] A varied collection of unaccompanied music that
spans nine centuries and nearly as many styles, I Sing the Birth is
receiving praise in both the United States and United Kingdom, where
it was first released.

Founded in 2006, New York Polyphony is rapidly gaining a reputation as
one of the finest classical vocal ensembles of this generation. The
four men, fusing elegant vocalism with expert ensemble singing,
deliver dynamic, historically informed performances in a range of
styles.

"Listeners will hear in the music a lot of individual identity. We
create a single vision without compromising the four individual
voices. We feel the music is much more passionate, the passion that
folks felt in their faith." -- Geoffrey Williams, alto, New York
Polyphony

>Track list:

>Smith: Veni Redemptor gentium
>Hodie Christus natus est
>Palestrina: Hodie Christus natus est
>Puer natus est nobis
>Leighton: Lully, lull, thou little tiny child
>Perotin: Beat viscera
>Cornysh: Ave Maria Mater Dei
>Alma Redemtpris Mater
>The darkest midnight in December
>Maxwell Davies: The Fader of Heven
>Vox in Rama
>Clemens non Papa: Vox in Rama
>Vox in Rama
>Away in a manger
>Parsons: Ave Maria
>Coventry Carol
>Ave Maria
>Lullay, lullow, I saw a swete semly syght
>Mervele noght, Josep
>Nowell: Dieus wous garde, byewsser
>Veni Redemptor gentium
>Byrd: O magnum mysterium
>Ecce advenit dominator Dominus
>Clemens non Papa: Magi veniunt ab oriente
>Smith: Nunc dimittis
>Vox in Rama

>Alto: Geoffrey Williams
>Tenor: Geoffrey Silver
>Baritone: Scott Dispensa
>Bass-baritone: Craig Phillips

NEW YORK POLYPHONY was founded in 2006 with its musical advisor, Malcolm  Bruno

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at
http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, or call 800-903-5544 -- or visit
your local Episcopal bookseller, http://www.episcopalbooksellers.org