From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Editorial: Promoting multi-cultural co-existence and bringing God’s justice to fruition

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:26:34 -0800

>      Taiwan Church News

>3017 Edition

>December 21~27 2009

Editorial: Promoting multi-cultural co-existence and bringing  God’s justice to fruition

>Translated by Lydia Ma

Taiwanese people have endured several ordeals and met many

challenges in 2009, including Typhoon Morakot and

questionable national policies. In the past 140 years, the PCT

has made it its mission to identify with Taiwan and its people

and to share the gospel and God’s grace with everyone living  in

Taiwan. With help from foreign missionaries and local pastors,

PCT has used medicine, education, and evangelism to share

>the gospel in Taiwan.

PCT has been focusing on holistic and multi-dimensional

evangelism since 2006, with an emphasis on the themes of

identity, commitment, and growth. For this reason, its theme for

2006-2007 was “Build the family altar, share the abundant  life”.

The theme for 2008-2009 was “Being a healthy church,

>practicing the commandment of love”.

It is our hope that, first and foremost, every home can be a place

where faith is strengthened. Once Christians become rooted in

their faith, we hope that they can build a healthy church  together.

However, healthy homes and healthy churches aren’t enough,

because we need healthy societies as well. That is why PCT’s

theme for 2010-2011 will focus on “Promoting multi-cultural  co-

existence, bringing God’s justice to fruition” and we  will

especially deal with issues of social justice so that our  ministries

>can be holistic.

We know that God designed Taiwan to be a multicultural and

multilingual society and we’d like to encourage all of our

churches to use every resource and talent God has given them

to build creative, lively church services and outreach ministries.

We also urge all churches to join our newest evangelistic

movement and lead people to Christ one by one.

We hope to increase in number as well as in stature in the next

two years and invite all presbyteries and pastors to join us in  this

journey. We pray for God’s Holy Spirit to guide us in  fulfilling

these six dimensions of evangelism: Proclaim the gospel, teach

God’s children, serve wholeheartedly, transform the society,

care for God’s world, and make the gospel relevant to

Taiwanese society. Let us pray for Taiwan and let us work

together toward promoting multi-cultural co-existence and

>bringing God’s justice to fruition.

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local  languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you  acknowledge the source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and  writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print  publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:  enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/  (English)