From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABNS - Hamblin Retiring From Office Of The General Secretary

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:57:15 -0800

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 1/21/10)?Rev. Dr. Lloyd D. Hamblin, Jr., Acting
Treasurer and Associate General Secretary for Finance with American
Baptist Churches USA has announced his plans to retire from his role
with ABCUSA effective March 31, 2010.  Hamblin assumed this role in
January 2007.

?Lloyd brought not only excellent financial skills to the role of
acting treasurer, but also a tremendous love for this denomination and
the helpful perspective of one active in local pastoral ministry. His
wisdom and integrity with all his peers have been of immeasurable help
during these challenging financial times,? said General Secretary A.
Roy Medley said. ?I am pleased that he will remain in a formal
consulting role with us.?

Prior to his service with ABCUSA, Hamblin was employed for over 19
years on the staff of the WV Baptist Convention, serving as their
Executive Minister for 11 years and with the South Parkersburg Baptist
Church as Executive Pastor. He plans to continue in a part-time role
with the South Parkersburg Baptist Church in Parkersburg, WV.

?I am thankful for the opportunity to serve Christ in our
denominational family during this important time in our history.  This
is a time of great challenge, but also great opportunity,? Hamblin said.

?What an incredible gift Lloyd Hamblin has been to ABCUSA.  He stepped
in with willingness at a time we most needed his God-given gifts. He
has served with grace, integrity, wisdom, pastoral care and great
financial expertise,? said Mary Armacost Hulst, the immediate past
President of American Baptist Churches USA.

?One of my personal joys in serving as President of ABCUSA was to work
with Lloyd.  His ability to see the 'big picture' for our denomination
and our churches is impressive, as is his ability to implement ideas
with gentleness.  We will miss him, but wish him God's best blessings
as he closes this chapter.?

The search process for a new Treasurer/CFO, Associate General
Secretary for Finance, will begin shortly.  If you are interested or
have questions about this position, please contact Johnson Eapen at
Johnson.Eapen@abc-usa.org. For more information, click here.

American Baptist Churches is one of the most diverse Christian
denominations today, with 5,500 local congregations comprised of 1.3
million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged
in God?s mission around the world.