From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Archbishop of Canterbury's statement on Bishop Mouneer's resignation from SCAC

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:38:23 -0800

Archbishop of Canterbury's statement on Bishop Mouneer's resignation
from SCAC

Posted On : February 1, 2010 3:57 PM | Posted By : Webmaster
ACNS: http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2010/2/1/ACNS4682
Related Categories: ACC  Lambeth

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, today expressed his
regret at the decision of the Most Revd Dr Mouneer Anis, Bishop of the
Anglican Diocese of Egypt with North Africa and the Horn of Africa, and
President Bishop of the Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East, to
resign from the Standing Committee of the Anglican Communion:

"Bishop Mouneer has made an important contribution to the work of the
Standing Committee, for which I am deeply grateful. I regret his
decision to stand down but will continue to welcome his active
engagement with the life of the Communion and the challenges we face
together."

ENDS

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acns/help/acnslist.cfm