From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Mackay Hospital offers healthy cooking tips ahead of Chinese New Year

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:39:40 -0800

>      Taiwan Church News

>3022 Edition

>January 25~31, 2010

Mackay Hospital offers healthy cooking tips ahead of Chinese New  Year

>Reported by Lin Yi-ying

>Written by Lydia Ma

With Chinese New Year holidays just around the corner, many folks  are

already fretting over what to cook for New Year’s Eve dinner  when

>friends and families come home.

For those hesitating on whether to order take out food because it  might

be too oily and unhealthy, Mackay Memorial Hospital has designed

New Year recipes that contain only 888 calories per individual  serving.

What’s more, the information is available to all free of  charge.

According to hospital staff, this recipe book includes recipes for

preparing fish, meat, vegetables, fruits, and desserts. According  to Dr.

Tsai I-hsien , head dietitian at Mackay, small adjustments such as  using other types of grains

instead of glutinous rice will go a long way in reducing calories  without compromising taste.

Mackay Hospital also held a cooking demonstration on January 25  and gave out free samples

for people to taste and see. To download Chinese New Year recipes,  refer to:

http://www.mmh.org.tw/news4/upfiles/201001/20100125120907271.pdf

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local  languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you  acknowledge the source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and  writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print  publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:  enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/  (English)