From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Hoover and Echchaibi to lead seminar at RCCongress 2010

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:45:15 -0800

Religion Communication Congress 2010
April 7-10, 2010 | Chicago

Issue: #16 February 2, 2010

Hoover and Echchaibi to lead seminar at RCCongress 2010

Stewart Hoover and Nabil EchchaibiStewart Hoover, professor of media
studies and Nabil Echchaibi, assistant professor of journalism at the
University of Colorado at Boulder will be presenting a seminar at
RCCongress 2010.

Hoover, who serves as director of the Center for Media, Religion, and
Culture, has been a part of the Religion Communication Congress since
1980. The pre-Congress seminar is entitled, "Global Media; Global
Religion: Research on Popular Media and the Remaking of Religions."

Hoover and Echchaibi are two of the world's leading researchers and
scholars of religion and the media. They have conducted research on
the mediation of religion both in the U.S. and internationally and
have looked in particular at the way the media are changing the
religious cultures of Christianity and Islam in the West, in the
Middle East, and in the developing world. Their seminar will feature
results of their research as well as their thoughts about future
developments, trends, and implications. There will be ample time for
interaction and discussion.

"We want to look at these issues from a global context. You can no
longer look at religion and media as something domestic or regional
only," said Hoover, "Because my experience is primarily in
Christianity and my colleague's expertise is in Islam, we look forward
to doing a comparative analysis on how Christianity and Islam are
different and similar, especially in how the media treats both religions."

Hoover is looking forward to this decade's Congress, which will be
held April 7-10 at the Chicago Marriott Hotel.

"It's an amazing group of people from diverse backgrounds and
religions and it's the best place to hear the perspectives and get to
know what's going on in religious journalism, public relations,
marketing and other communication aspects," said Hoover.

To see the full list of speakers, visit www.RCCongress2010.org.
Early Bird Reminder

Religion Communication Congress 2010: April 7-10, 2010 in Chicago.

The early bird registration deadline has been extended to March 1.

If you haven't already registered for this once-decade religion
communication event, REGISTER NOW as the price will rise $25 after March 1.

If you have already registered, please forward this e-mail to your
friends and colleagues and share the discount.

Visit the RCCongress 2010 Newsletter Archive to read previous issues.

http://www.rccongress2010.org/news/newsletterarchives.shtml