From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

GOAA - Teens Encouraged To Attend This Historic Camp Year

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:16:00 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA

8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10075-0106 * Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax:
(212) 774-0237
www.goarch.org    - Email: communications@goarch.org

Contact: PRESS OFFICE
Stavros Papagermanos
pressoffice@goarch.org

CAMPER REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR
IONIAN VILLAGE SUMMER CAMP 2010
Teens Encouraged To Attend This Historic Camp Year

NEW YORK ? Ionian Village, the unique summer camping program located
in Greece and operated by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America,
is currently accepting registrations for Summer Camp 2010. Teens who
have completed grades 7-12 may attend either Summer Travel Camp (STC)
July 1-20, 2010 or Byzantine Venture (BV) July 25-August 13, 2010.

?As Ionian Village celebrates its 40th Anniversary, I look forward to
offering our Orthodox youth a life-changing and inspiring summer as we
grow together in faith and friendship.? says Fr. Jason Roll, Director
of Ionian Village.  ?Another outstanding staff is currently being
assembled and because this will be our 40th Anniversary, a few new and
exciting additions will enhance the already solid camp program.?

Participants are encouraged to take advantage of early registration
and receive $100 off the registration fee by enrolling online before
February 28, 2010.

Teens and young adults who participate in Ionian Village travel across
Greece venerate the relics of saints, walk in the footsteps of the
Apostles, and visit significant sites of Greek history and culture. At
the end of the program, staff and campers return to their homes with
strengthened faith and a greater appreciation for the Church and Greek  culture.
For more information about the program or to register for Summer Camp
2010 visit www.ionianvillage.org <http://www.ionianvillage.org>  or
contact the Ionian Village office at 646.519.6190 or Rev. Fr. Jason
Roll, frjason@goarch.org

== 30 ==