From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

RCC 2010 Spotlight on Exhibitor: TechSoup

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:42:40 -0800

Religion Communication Congress 2010
April 7-10, 2010 | Chicago

Issue: #18 February 24, 2010

Spotlight on Exhibitor: TechSoup

Q&A with Gayle Samuelson Carpentier, Director, Business Development
by Melissa Dixon, RCCongress 2010 Registrar

What is TechSoup?

Founded in 1987, TechSoup is a 501c3 organization working towards the
day when every nonprofit and social benefit organization on the planet
has the technology resources and knowledge it needs to operate at its
full potential.

Our web site, TechSoup.org contains over 2,000 pages of technology
information at no-charge. Anything from articles on how to set up a
new computer to how to create a donor database.

Is there any cost to register with TechSoup?
No.

What kinds of services do you offer?

Currently, there are 43 companies that donate hardware and software to
nonprofits, including Adobe and Microsoft.

What are the qualifications?

You must be a 501c3 organization to qualify for the TechSoup program.
Our web site is www.TechSoup.org. We also now have a special landing
page for faith-based organizations at
www.Techsoup.org/stock/faithbased.asp. Within seconds, you'll find out
if you meet supplier qualifications.

What are you most looking forward to about RCCongress 2010?
I'm looking forward to meeting all of the wonderful people present.
Hopefully, we can help them broaden their technology.
Communicating Visually: two new workshop leaders focus on photojournalism

Kenneth IrbyKenneth Irby, Visual Journalism Group Leader at The
Poynter Institute, will address the power of photo-driven multimedia
storytelling, ethical tough calls, editing strategies, and help
participants sharpen their ability to handle graphic and traumatic
news coverage decisions in his workshop on communication ethics.

Irby will also join Barbara Bradley Hagerty and Kevin Eckstrom in a
panel discussion moderated by Martin Marty on how social change is
changing media coverage of religion.

John WhiteJohn White, Photographer for the Chicago Sun-Times, will
lead a workshop on photojournalism.

"The photojournalists are the eyes of the paper," he says. "In life,
in events, there's almost a moment - there's always a moment within a
moment. And that's what we must capture."
Important Registration Reminders

Marriott Chicago Downtown HotelThe Marriott the room rate for
RCCongress 2010 has been reduced by $20/night.The new room rate is
$169 per night. You must reserve your room by MARCH 15 for this special rate.

Use the following special rate codes:
For reservations made online: CONCONA
For reservations made by phone (312-836-0100): Congress 2010

Registration for RCCongress 2010 is $375. Register now and we will see
you in Chicago!