From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Anglican Communion launches online shop and Twitter account

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:40:25 -0700

Anglican Communion launches online shop and Twitter account

Posted On : June 2, 2010 4:48 PM | Posted By : Webmaster
ACNS: ACNS4705
Related Categories: ACO

The Anglican Communion Office (ACO) has today launched its online shop where
visitors can buy books, CDs and other products that support and reflect the
work of the Instruments of Communion.

Resources include theological reports and Bible studies; ecumenical agreements,
statements and reports; publications looking at the Anglican understanding of
issues such as Mission and Evangelism; and books and CDs on the principles and
practices of worldwide Anglicanism.

Secretary General Kenneth Kearon said this latest step would allow many more
Anglicans to better access, understand and engage with the workings of the
Instruments of Communion.

?Publications are produced after most major Communion meetings,? he said, ?and
this online shop provides a much easier way for Anglicans right around the
world to get hold of them.

?Our staff also collaborate with partners to produce other resources that we
hope will also enrich the life of the Communion worldwide. All of these will,
in time, be available from our website.? Visitors can shop online at
www.anglicancommunion.org.

The launch comes on the same day that the ACO?s Twitter account goes live. Not
only can people sign up to receive news from its Anglican Communion News
Service, but they can also receive the latest updates from across the Anglican
Communion at http://twitter.com/ACOffice.

Followers will receive tweets about the latest developments of the Instruments
of Communion, news from across the Anglican Communion, and a daily tweet from
the Anglican Cycle of Prayer.

ENDS

For more information contact Mr. Jan Butter on
jan.butter@anglicancommunion.orgor on +44(0)7889400889.

?Sign up for Anglican Communion News Service updates at
http://www.aco.org/acns/help/acnslist.cfm
?The Anglican Communion Office serves the Anglican Communion, comprising around
80 million members in 44 regional and national member churches around the globe
in more than 160 countries. http://www.anglicancommunion.org