From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

PCT members head to Moscow to reach out to Chinese residents

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:45:01 -0700

>      Taiwan Church News

>3041 Edition

>June 7~June 13, 2010

PCT members head to Moscow to reach out to Chinese residents

>Reported by Chen Wei-chien

>Written by Lydia Ma

Besides offering prayer and financial support to mission  ministries, Taichung
Presbytery’s

Chung-Hsiao Road Church members had an opportunity to reach out  and share the
gospel

directly with Chinese people living in Moscow when they embarked  on a mission
trip from

April 28 to May 10. The church is also planning a mission trip to  Myanmar
later this year.

Led by the church’s pastor, Rev. Wang Wu-chung, 13 church  members joined
Taipei Home of

Christ Church Moscow Team in visiting the Moscow branch of Global  Life
Enrichment Center

and holding a Christian camp. Rev. Wang also hosted a 10-day  seminar at a
local seminary.

According to Rev. Wang, this short-term mission trip was a great  learning
experience for his

church. Church members attended 4 training sessions before  departure. The camp
attracted

400 Chinese from 14 cities across Russia – some taking as long  as an 8-hour
flight from

>Vladivostok to attend.

One church member who participated in this short-term mission trip  really
appreciated the

experience, “We PCT churches lag behind when it comes to  overseas mission
ministries. I

hope churches will slowly lead their members out into the  world.”

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local  languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you  acknowledge the
source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and  writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print  publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:  enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/  (English)