From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Moravian Church's Northern Province enters full communion with Episcopal Church / Executive Co

From <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:18:38 -0400

Episcopal News Service is available at  http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens.

>Today's Episcopal News Service includes:

* TOP STORY - Moravian Church's Northern Province enters full
communion with Episcopal Church
* TOP STORY - Executive Council offers continued aid to Haiti, San  Joaquin
* TOP STORY - A summary of Executive Council resolutions
* TOP STORY - Executive Council sends message to the Episcopal Church
* TOP STORY - Secretary general says Episcopal Church should have
expected consequences for Glasspool consecration
* MISSION - EMM refugee stories
* DAYBOOK - June 21: Today in Scripture, Prayer, History
* EBAR PICK - "Episcopal Tote Bag - Purse-size"

>_____________________

>TOP STORIES

Moravian Church's Northern Province enters full communion with Episcopal  Church

Vote is independent of similar consideration by Southern Province

>By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[Episcopal News Service] The Northern Province of the Moravian Church
voted unanimously June 18 to enter into full communion with the
Episcopal Church.

The decision came during an evening session on the second day of the
church's June 17-21 quadrennial Provincial Synod at Moravian College
in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

"I am abundantly delighted, and look forward to growth in mutual
relationship and mission," Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori
said after learning of the decision. "I believe we have much to learn
from the Moravian tradition."

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79425_123037_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

Executive Council offers continued aid to Haiti, San Joaquin

Members ask for a shorter 2012 General Convention

>By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[Episcopal News Service -- Linthicum Heights] The Episcopal Church's
Executive Council (http://generalconvention.org/ec) June 18 allocated
$246,000 in seed money to begin work on its earlier challenge
(http://episcopalchurch.org/79901_119666_ENG_HTM.htm) to the wider
church to raise $10 million to help rebuild the Diocese of Haiti
(http://www.egliseepiscopaledhaiti.org/).

Council members also called, via Resolution FFM025, for a steering
committee "to flesh out the particular steps necessary" to start
raising that money.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79425_123033_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

>A summary of Executive Council resolutions

[Episcopal News Service -- Linthicum Heights, Maryland] During its
June 16-18 meeting here, the Episcopal Church's Executive Council
adopted several resolutions.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79425_123032_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

Executive Council sends message to the Episcopal Church

[The Episcopal Church -- Office of Public Affairs] The Executive
Council of the Episcopal Church has issued the following message
following the conclusion of its three-day meeting at the Conference
Center at the Maritime Institute in Linthicum Heights, Maryland.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79425_123030_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

Secretary general says Episcopal Church should have expected
consequences for Glasspool consecration

Kearon describes 'problem of increased and growing diversity in the
Anglican Communion'

>By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[Episcopal News Service -- Linthicum Heights, Maryland] The Rev. Canon
Kenneth Kearon, secretary general of the Anglican Communion, told the
Episcopal Church's Executive Council June 18 that when Diocese of Los
Angeles Bishop Suffragan Mary Glasspool was ordained as the church's
second openly gay, partnered bishop, the church ought to have known
that it would face sanctions.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79425_123022_ENG_HTM.htm

More Top Stories: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens

>_____________________

>MISSION

>EMM refugee stories
>June 20 is World Refugee Day

[Office of Communication] In observance of World Refugee Day June 20,
Episcopal Migration Ministries is offering web-based resources and
videos that tell the stories of refugees who seek a new start, a new
home and a new life.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_123024_ENG_HTM.htm

More Mission: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>DAYBOOK

>On June 21, 2010...

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm

* Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm

* Today in History: On June 21, 1607, English settlers celebrated the
first recorded Holy Communion at the Jamestown settlement in Virginia.

>EBAR PICK

"Episcopal Tote Bag - Purse-size" 14 x 10 inches, $32.

[Episcopal Media Center] High quality, durable canvas tote bag with
embroidered Episcopal shield, leather appointments and zippered
enclosure. No matter what you are carrying, this tote bag should give
you years of use and enjoyment.

To order, please visit Episcopal Books and Resources online at
http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, call 800-903-5544, or visit your
local Episcopal bookstore.