From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] IRAN: Bishop Azad Marshall resigns from Anglican Communion's Standing Committee / Episcopalian

From <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:10:35 -0400

>Episcopal News Service
>June 29, 2010

>Episcopal News Service is available at
>http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens.

>Today's Episcopal News Service includes:

* WORLD REPORT - IRAN: Bishop Azad Marshall resigns from Anglican
Communion's Standing Committee
* MISSION - Episcopalians for Global Reconciliation launches community
organizing initiative with Spokane diocese
* OPINION - Long-term commitment to mission in Liberia
* DAYBOOK - June 30: Today in Scripture, Prayer, History
* EBAR PICK - "Lovesongs & Reproaches - Passionate Conversations with
God"

>_____________________

>WORLD REPORT

IRAN: Bishop Azad Marshall resigns from Anglican Communion's Standing
Committee

>By Matthew Davies

[Episcopal News Service] Bishop Azad Marshall of the Diocese of Iran has
announced his resignation from the Standing Committee of the Anglican
Communion, yet no explanation has been given.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_123198_ENG_HTM.htm

More World news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>MISSION

Episcopalians for Global Reconciliation launches community organizing
initiative with Spokane diocese

>By Pat McCaughan

[Episcopal News Service] Episcopalians for Global Reconciliation (EGR)
on June 28 announced a community organizing partnership with the
Episcopal Diocese of Spokane focused on the U.N. Millennium Development
Goals (MDGs) and funded through a Trinity Wall Street grant.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_123202_ENG_HTM.htm

More Mission: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>OPINION

>Long-term commitment to mission in Liberia

>By Kimberly Johnson

When people ask me about mission, I have a simple answer: Go! It will
change you. It will change the people around you.

Two years ago, I went on a mission trip with St. David's Episcopal
Church in Ashburn, Virginia, a trip that altered not only my life, but
my career, my world perspective and my attitude towards all the "simple"
things I take as givens. As I expressed my concerns of going way outside
of my comfort zone in traveling to Liberia, West Africa, to Bromley
Episcopal Mission School, my son gifted me with the words by which I
have come to live. He said, "God's work is never in our comfort zone,
Mom."

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/80050_123206_ENG_HTM.htm

More Opinion: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/80050_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>DAYBOOK

>On June 30, 2010...

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm

* Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm

* Today in History: On June 30, 1818, Edward J. Hopkins, composer, was
born at Westminster, London, England. In 1882, the archbishop of
Canterbury awarded him an honorary Doctor of Music.

>_____________________

>EBAR PICK

"Lovesongs & Reproaches - Passionate Conversations with God" by L.
William Countryman, paperback, 160 pages, c. Jan 2010, $16.

[Church Publishing] Those who have never had extended conversations with
God, ranging from complaints and anger to love and joy, can draw upon a
lifetime of such conversations as Countryman grapples with the reality
of evil and loss, as well as hope for the fulfillment of life. The
author takes liberties with the scriptures in order to explore them with
new seriousness and argues with both God and scripture freely in the
process. His poetic style takes its cue from the biblical poetry of the
Psalms, Job, and the Song of Solomon, but moves freely in the realm of
ordinary spoken English.

L. William Countryman is a biblical scholar, an Episcopal priest, and
retired professor from Church Divinity School of the Pacific. He is
known for spirituality works such as Living on the Border of the Holy,
Forgiven and Forgiving, and The Mystical Way of the Fourth Gospel. His
reputation was established by his classic Dirt, Greed, & Sex: Sexual
Ethics in the New Testament and Their Implications for Today.

To order, please visit Episcopal Books and Resources online at
http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, call 800-903-5544, or visit your
local Episcopal bookstore.