From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] SAN JOAQUIN: Diocese sues for return of Visalia property

From <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:47:30 -0400

Episcopal News Service is available at  http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens.

>Today's Episcopal News Service includes:

* DIOCESAN DIGEST - SAN JOAQUIN: Diocese sues for return of Visalia  property
* MISSION - New ministry development videoconference to feature  presiding
bishop
* PEOPLE - Vestry Papers Editor Lindsay Hardin Freeman leaves
Episcopal Church Foundation
* OPINION - Yoga for Episcopalians - a healing discipline
* DAYBOOK - July 9: Today in Scripture, Prayer, History
* EPISCOPAL BOOKS & RESOURCES PICK - "The Structure of Sacred Doctrine
in Calvin's Theology"

>_____________________

>DIOCESAN DIGEST

SAN JOAQUIN: Diocese sues for return of Visalia property

>By Pat McCaughan

[Episcopal News Service] The Episcopal Diocese of San Joaquin filed a
lawsuit July 6 for return of property and assets held by St. Paul's
Anglican Church, a group of former Episcopalians in Visalia who have
affiliated with another denomination, according to a statement
released by the diocese.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_123391_ENG_HTM.htm

More Diocesan news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>MISSION

New ministry development videoconference to feature presiding bishop

[Episcopal News Service] Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori
will be the featured participant in a public videoconference on new,
innovative ministry development July 15 at 3 p.m. Eastern, according
to a press release from the Episcopal Church's public affairs office.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_123374_ENG_HTM.htm

More Mission: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>PEOPLE

Vestry Papers Editor Lindsay Hardin Freeman leaves Episcopal Church  Foundation

>By ENS staff

[Episcopal News Service] The Rev. Lindsay Hardin Freeman is stepping
down as editor of Vestry Papers, an award-winning publication of the
Episcopal Church Foundation, to pursue new ministries, according to a
press release.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_123373_ENG_HTM.htm

More People: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>OPINION

>Yoga for Episcopalians - a healing discipline

>By Linda Brown Holt

[Episcopal News Service] I had a conversation recently with a fellow
Episcopalian about the practice of yoga. We didn't go very far into
the conversation, because he bristled at the idea of Christians
practicing yoga, and I, on the other hand, am celebrating 50 years of
yoga practice in 2010.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/80050_123385_ENG_HTM.htm

More Opinion: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/80050_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>DAYBOOK

>On July 9, 2010...

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm

* Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm

* Today in History: On July 9, 1228, Archbishop of Canterbury Stephen
Langton died.

>_____________________

>EPISCOPAL BOOKS & RESOURCES PICK

"The Structure of Sacred Doctrine in Calvin's Theology" by Frans H.
Breukelman, paperback, 262 pages, Jun 2010, $35.

[Eerdmans Publishing] Having completed three collections of work
during his lifetime, Dutch theologian Frans H. Breukelman left much of
his work to be published by a later generation of students. Rinse H.
Reeling Brouwer has taken up the task, resulting in The Structure of
Sacred Doctrine in Calvin's Theology.

Brouwer brings to life Breukelman's extensive study of Calvin's
doctrine from the first form of his Institutes - the 1536 basic
catechism - through all of its incarnations to the 1559 final,
definitive form. Breukelman illuminates the deep theological
significance of Calvin's many changes to the Institutes, showing that
the form and structure of doctrine reveal the hidden direction of the
content. Finally, Brouwer focuses on Breukelman's intriguing belief
that the entire Reformed doctrinal tradition has proceeded along the
line of only one of the possibilities in the structure of Calvin's
theology.

To order, please visit Episcopal Books and Resources online at
http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, call 800-903-5544, or visit your
local Episcopal bookstore.