From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

“I Love Taiwan Mission” invites foreign youth to explore Taiwan and tell the world

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:43:19 -0700

>      Taiwan Church News

>3045 Edition

>July 5~July 11, 2010

“I Love Taiwan Mission” invites foreign youth to explore  Taiwan and tell the
world

>Reported by TCN

>Written by Lydia Ma

Recently, “I Love Taiwan Mission” (ILT) welcomed youth  from 10 countries to
Taiwan for a

short-term mission. The program, spearheaded by PCT Youth Ministry  Committee
which runs

from June 30 to July 15, will send youth to several local PCT  churches so that
they can take

part in various ministries, experience life in Taiwan, and pray  together with
Taiwanese youth.

Youth participating in ILT attended some training before they were  sent to 21
local churches.

At the end of this program, they will regroup again to compare  their
experiences with one

another before heading home to share with their own churches what  they’ve
learned in Taiwan.

According to Youth Ministry Committee Chairman Sam Lee, ILT is a  great
opportunity for

youth to expand their horizons and gain exposure because they will  interact a
lot with people

from different countries and cultures and they will also be  invited to share
their own perspectives.

Ecumenical exchanges such as ILT help youth look beyond themselves  and their
needs, and

become aware and involved in issues related to justice, world  peace, human
rights, gender

equality, environmental protection, racial equality, etc. This  year’s ILT
theme is “Praying with Taiwan’s  heartbeat”.

Kevin Szech, a German youth visiting Taiwan for the first time  through ILT,
said Taiwan was a

beautiful place but the hot weather was more than he could bear.  However, he
was deeply

touched by the way Taiwanese youth led prayer meetings by  intertwining prayer
with music.

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local  languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you  acknowledge the
source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and  writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print  publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:  enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/  (English)