From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] SPRINGFIELD: House of Deputies president set to visit diocese

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 03:33:26 -0700

Episcopal News Service
July 13, 2010

Episcopal News Service is available at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens.

Today's Episcopal News Service includes:

* DIOCESAN DIGEST - SPRINGFIELD: House of Deputies president set to
visit diocese
* MISSION - From Leesburg to Liberia, St. James' brings literacy camp
to Bromley School for girls
* DAYBOOK - July 14: Today in Scripture, Prayer, History
* EPISCOPAL BOOKS & RESOURCES PICK - "Funeral for a Stranger -
Thoughts on Life and Love"

_____________________

DIOCESAN DIGEST

SPRINGFIELD: House of Deputies president set to visit diocese

By ENS staff

[Episcopal News Service] The Concerned Laity of the Springfield
Diocese is sponsoring a July 23 visit by Episcopal Church House of
Deputies President Bonnie Anderson to the Diocese of Springfield.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_123435_ENG_HTM.htm

More Diocesan news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_ENG_HTM.htm

_____________________

MISSION

From Leesburg to Liberia, St. James' brings literacy camp to Bromley

School for girls

By Mary Davila

[Episcopal News Service] A hand-made sign hanging on the wall of the
Bromley Episcopal Mission School for girls welcomed the 16 missioners
who traveled from Leesburg, Virginia, to Monrovia, Liberia. The sign
read, "If love hadn't existed in your hearts, you wouldn't have come
this far. Thank you for educating us, and for securing our future."

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_123432_ENG_HTM.htm

More Mission: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_ENG_HTM.htm

_____________________

DAYBOOK

On July 14, 2010...

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm

* Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm

* Today in History: On July 14, 1833, John Keble preached a landmark
sermon at St. Mary's in Oxford and the Oxford Movement began in
England.

_____________________

EPISCOPAL BOOKS & RESOURCES PICK

"Funeral for a Stranger - Thoughts on Life and Love" by Becca Stevens,
paperback, 127 pages, c. 2009, $13.

[Abingdon Press] I have seen water move rocks. I have seen thistles
break through boulders. If water and flowers can move stones, surely
love can. -- Becca Stevens, from Funeral for a Stranger

In this meditation on living and dying, Becca Stevens shares moving
and hilarious stories about her life, love, friends, and our many
families.

About the author: For Becca Stevens writing, like love, is a practical
endeavor. It is designed, she says, to move readers toward a shared
ideal of love and compassion for the world as it is. Her books have
grown out of her work as an Episcopal priest at St. Augustine's Chapel
on the Vanderbilt University campus. She is the founder of Magdalene,
a residential community for women with a criminal history of
prostitution and drug abuse, and Thistle Farms.

To order, please visit Episcopal Books and Resources online at
http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, call 800-903-5544, or visit your
local Episcopal bookstore.