From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] CHICAGO: McHenry parish banks diapers, helps moms in need / EAST TENNESSEE: Bishop search dead

From <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 04:10:27 -0400

Episcopal News Service is available at  http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens.

>Today's Episcopal News Service includes:

* DIOCESAN DIGEST - CHICAGO: McHenry parish banks diapers, helps moms in  need
* DIOCESAN DIGEST - EAST TENNESSEE: Bishop search deadline nears
* DIOCESAN DIGEST - KANSAS: Parishes' summer feeding programs serve
at-risk children
* DIOCESAN DIGEST - UPPER SOUTH CAROLINA: Bishop inhibits cathedral
dean in dispute with vestry
* MISSION FOCUS - Seabury Western earns reaccreditation
* WORLD REPORT - SOUTH AFRICA: Current financial crisis is a moral
one, says Tutu
* DAYBOOK - July 20: Today in Scripture, Prayer, History
* EPISCOPAL BOOKS & RESOURCES PICK - "New Interpreter's Study Bible
NRSV with Apocrypha"

>_____________________

>DIOCESAN DIGEST

CHICAGO: McHenry parish banks diapers, helps moms in need

>By Pat McCaughan

[Episcopal News Service] In just six months, the diaper bank at St.
Paul's Church has given away more than 80,000 diapers in McHenry
County, Illinois, in the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_123555_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

>EAST TENNESSEE: Bishop search deadline nears

>By ENS staff

[Episcopal News Service] The deadline for nominating priests to be the
fourth bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of East Tennessee is July 31.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_123551_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

KANSAS: Parishes' summer feeding programs serve at-risk children

>By Melodie Woerman

[Episcopal News Service] Two parishes in the Episcopal Diocese of
Kansas -- one small and rural, the other large and suburban -- have
found new ways this summer to feed hungry children in their
communities.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_123538_ENG_HTM.htm

>- - - - -

UPPER SOUTH CAROLINA: Bishop inhibits cathedral dean in dispute with  vestry

>By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[Episcopal News Service] "An acutely strained relationship" between
the dean of Trinity Cathedral in Columbia, South Carolina, and the
parish's lay leadership has led Episcopal Diocese of Upper South
Carolina Bishop W. Andrew Waldo to inhibit the Very Rev. Philip
Linder.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_123554_ENG_HTM.htm

More Diocesan news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>MISSION FOCUS

>Seabury Western earns reaccreditation

>By ENS staff

[Episcopal News Service] Seabury Western Theological Seminary
announced July 19 that it has been reaccredited by the Association of
Theological Schools.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_123557_ENG_HTM.htm

More Mission Focus: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81799_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>WORLD REPORT

SOUTH AFRICA: Current financial crisis is a moral one, says Tutu

>By Hans Pienaar

[Ecumenical News International, Cape Town] The end of the Cold War led
to the false hope that all humans would be treated equally, says
Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_123541_ENG_HTM.htm

More World news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_ENG_HTM.htm

>_____________________

>DAYBOOK

On July 20, 2010, the church remembers Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Amelia
Bloomer, Sojourner Truth, and Harriet Ross Tubman

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm

* Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer:

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm

* Today in History: On July 20, 1998, the 13th Lambeth Conference began.

>_____________________

>EPISCOPAL BOOKS & RESOURCES PICK

"New Interpreter's Study Bible NRSV with Apocrypha" edited by Walter
J. Harrelson, hardcover, 2360 pages, May 2003. $48.

[Abingdon Press] The Standard in Contemporary Bible Study. The New
Interpreter's Study Bible brings the best of biblical scholarship to
the service of the Church. In this new study Bible, based on The New
Revised Standard Version of the Bible with Apocrypha, sixty
distinguished scholars have provided background and insight on the
biblical text. Features of this valuable new study Bible include
extensive historical and theological annotations on the biblical text;
brief introductions and outlines for each biblical book; excursuses
giving further background and insight regarding particular themes and
passages; and nineteen newly commissioned maps detailing the biblical
world at various historical periods.

"Of the current editions of Study Bibles, in my opinion the most
helpful for pastors, teachers, and all students of the Scriptures has
now been issued by Abingdon Press under the dedicated guidance of Dr.
Walter Harrelson." -- Bruce M. Metzger, Professor of New Testament,
Emeritus, Princeton Theological Seminary

To order, please visit Episcopal Books and Resources online at
http://www.episcopalbookstore.org, call 800-903-5544, or visit your
local Episcopal bookstore.