From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

NCC's EcuLink is now online

From "Philip Jenks" <pjenks@ncccusa.org>
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:23:06 -0400

>The NCC's ECULINK, Volume 71,
>is headed to a computer near you

>See: www.ncccusa.org/news/100720eculink.html

New York, July 20, 2010 -- EcuLink, the National Council of Churches'
award-winning tabloid that has been on hiatus since 2006, has re-emerged  in
electronic form at http://eculink.org.

EcuLink was launched in 1985 at the direction of the late Rev. Arie J.
Brouwer, who served as NCC General Secretary from 1985 to 1989.

The mission of the newsletter, which was reformatted as a tabloid in  2000, was
to report the wide-ranging ministries of the 36 communions  that compose the
National Council of Churches. Under the editorship of  Peggy Ann Shriver, and
later Sarah Vilankulu, EcuLink won awards from  the Associated Church Press and
the Religious Communicators Council for  the quality of its reportage.

The print version of EcuLink ceased publication in November 2006 during  a
period of reorganization at the National Council of Churches. Since  then, the
Council has communicated its story via its webpage,  www.ncccusa.org, as well
as through brochures and press releases.

"For decades, EcuLink has been an essential medium for thousands of  ecumenical
Christians," said Wesley M. "Pat" Pattillo, NCC associate  general secretary
for Communication and Justice and Advocacy. "In a  community of diverse
communions, it's obvious that without  'communication' we would have a harder
time standing together in  Christian witness. The new EcuLink will hold up a
mirror to all of us so  we can have a better picture of what we can do
together."

"For the thousands of faithful who have a passion for church unity and a
calling to support it," said Kurt Kaboth, NCC director of Resource
Development, "we hope EcuLink will provide a beacon to illuminate the  great
things the council is doing."

Those interested in receiving the new electronic edition of EcuLink can  sign
up for automatic free subscriptions to the monthly issues by  visiting
http://www.eculink.org/home/subscribe/.  ; Comments and  suggestions can be
submitted to staff@eculink.org.

The new electronic EcuLink was designed and edited by Melissa Dixon of  the NCC
Staff.

Since its founding in 1950, the National Council of the Churches of  Christ in
the USA has been the leading force for ecumenical cooperation  among Christians
in the United States. The NCC's 36 member faith groups  -- from a wide spectrum
of Protestant, Anglican, Orthodox, Evangelical,  historic African American and
Living Peace churches -- include 45  million persons in more than 100,000 local
congregations in communities  across the nation.

NCC News contact:  Philip E. Jenks, 212-870-2228 (office),  646-853-4212
(cell), pjenks@ncccusa.org. See www.ncccusa.org.