From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Lutheran World Federation Assembly Focused on Alleviating Hunger

From <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:39:33 -0500

Title: Lutheran World Federation Assembly Focused on Alleviating Hunger
ELCA NEWS SERVICE

>July 20, 2010

Lutheran World Federation Assembly Focused on Alleviating Hunger
10-200-JB

STUTTGART, Germany (ELCA) - Saying that "hunger is not God's fault,
it's our fault," the Rev. Mark S. Hanson, president of the Lutheran World
Federation (LWF) and presiding bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
in America, introduced the theme of the LWF's Eleventh Assembly, "Give Us
Today Our Daily Bread," at a news conference here July 19, according to
an LWF news release.

More http://www.elca.org/News/Releases.asp?a=4587

For information contact:

http://www.elca.org/news