UMNS Daily Digest - November 1, 2011 (Judicial Council, annual conferences structure, Philippines, A

From "United Methodist News Service" <newsdesk@umcom.org>
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:59:22 -0700

   To ensure consistent delivery, please add [1]newsdesk@umcom.org to your
                     contact and/or safe senders list.

           [2]View Online | [3]Add to Address Book | [4]Subscribe
       UMNS Daily Digest - Produced by United Methodist News Service
                         Tuesday, November 1, 2011
                   [5]Maintain connections, top court rules
                 [6]Top court rules on actions in Philippines
                  [7]Remembering the saints who nurtured me
                    [8]Resources for job hunters, helpers
                      [9]Northeast snowstorm closes Drew

   [10]
   Video: Goodpaster addresses Council of Bishops»

   [11]
   Additional UMNS Stories»

   [12]
   UMTV: Womenâs Spirituality Club»

   [13]
   UMTV: Church Welcomes Job Seekers»

   [14]Find us on Facebook

   [15]Twitter

   Contact Us
   [16]E-mail
   (615) 742-5470

âI am surrounded by saints, the great cloud of witnesses of which we read in
  Hebrews 12:1. They are my family, my church community, my co-workers, my
 neighbors and people I may never meet. I thank God for every one of them.â
  â Barbara Dunlap-Berg, internal content editor, in a commentary about All
                                Saints Day.

Maintain connections, top court rules

   SAN DIEGO (UMNS) â When annual (regional) conferences of The United
   Methodist Church decide to change their structures, they are obligated to
   retain some specific connectional relationships, said the Judicial Council
   in two rulings from the top courtâs Oct. 26-28 fall meeting.

                                 [17]Read full story and post a comment»

Top court rules on actions in Philippines

   SAN DIEGO (UMNS) â A continuing dispute over a suspended bishop in the
   Philippines Central Conference of The United Methodist Church has led to
   three new rulings from the denominationâs top court. The rulings, issued
   after the Judicial Councilâs Oct. 26-28 fall meeting, upheld decisions of
   law by Bishop Daniel Arichea Jr. about the validity of specific 2011 annual
   (regional) conference sessions.

                                 [18]Read full story and post a comment»

Remembering the saints who nurtured me

   NASHVILLE, Tenn. (UMNS) â âToday I honor Dad, Mom, Tom â and many others who
   influenced my life,â writes Barbara Dunlap-Berg, internal content editor, in
   a UMNS commentary about All Saints Day. âI am surrounded by saints, the
   great cloud of witnesses of which we read in Hebrews 12:1.â

                                 [19]Read full story and post a comment»

Resources for job hunters, helpers

   Those looking for work or those who would like to volunteer in a job
   ministry can find a variety of resources on [20]Career Care at Church. The
   resources include features about job programs, a list of United Methodist
   churches that offer job ministries and other useful information.

                                                          [21]Read more»

Northeast snowstorm closes Drew

   MADISON, N.J. (UMNS) â A rare October snowstorm has left nearly 1.6 million
   homes without power in the Northeast. Students and faculty at United
   Methodist-related Drew University in Madison, N.J., have evacuated the
   school, which lost power on Saturday, Oct. 29. Students at the university
   who could not travel home were temporarily housed in the gymnasium and then
   sent to to nearby Morristown to the College of St. Elizabeth, which still
   has power.

                                                          [22]Read more»

    Did someone you know pass along this copy to you? [23]Get your own copy.

      United Methodist News Service is a ministry of United Methodist
                              Communications.

               Ministries of United Methodist Communications:

             [24]Rethink Church
             [25]TechShop
             [26]EcuFilm
             [27]UMC.org
   Program Journals:
      [28]Interpreter Magazine
      [29]El' Interprete
      [30]United Methodists In Service
             [31]InfoServ
             [32]Kingswood Communications
   [33]United Methodist News Service
      [34]UM Audio
      [35]UMTV
             [36]Foundation for United Methodist Communications
             [37]United Methodist Communications International
             [38]Global Health Initiative

          Products & Services of United Methodist Communications:

                     [39]Crisis Communications
                     [40]Communications Training
                     [41]Program Calendars
                     [42]United Methodist Press Center
                     [43]Scholarships
   [44]Promotional Resources for Apportionments, Special Sundays and Designated
   Giving
                     [45]United Methodist Productions

       [46]http://umns.umc.org | [47]Privacy Policy | [48]Contact Us

 If you are reading a pass-along copy of this issue, please go here to start
                your own account: [49]UMNS Subscriber Form.
United Methodist Communications Address: 810 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203

   [50]Unsubscribe from this mailing. [5075268327.gif]