PCT youth Tu Chungtao shines in international advertising competitions

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:37:56 +0800

3116 Edition

November 14-20, 2011

Headline News

PCT youth Tu Chungtao shines in international advertising competitions

Reported by Simon Lin

Reported by Lydia Ma

Tu Chungtao, winner of two Mobius Advertising Awards in February this year, won
a silver at Pentaward package design competition in October and another silver
at New York’s PRINT 2011 competition. His achievement in some of the world’s
most prestigious advertising awards has not only made Taiwan proud but also
made PCT proud.

Tu is the son of a PCT retired pastor from Tainan Presbytery, Rev. Tu Ing-chu.
When the elder Tu was recently interviewed on his son’s achievements, he said
these achievements not only brought fame to Taiwan but also PCT as a church.

Speaking on his son’s exceptional achievements while studying in the U.S., the
elder Tu said his son became an honored alumnus by winning several prestigious
awards. Upon graduation, Tu began working at the prestigious Wallace Church
design company but continued to participate in competitions every year where he
would go on to win prestigious awards.

Asked about his role in his son’s success, Rev. Tu said, ”I often encourage him
to travel to different places to see and appreciate God’s creation.” He added
that his son often gets inspiration from God’s creation. As a father and a
pastor, he often reminds his son of the importance of making connections
between work and faith.

Tu’s specialty is in innovative and simple designs. He doesn’t like fancy art
and prefers that design ideas be communicated in a simple black-and-white
sketch. His works of art have previously been featured in Taiwan Church News as
well.

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you acknowledge the
source as "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and writer.
Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to: enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/ (English) or
http://www.tcnn.org (Chinese)