UMNS Daily Digest - April 2, 2012 (Restructuring, Easter traditions, missionaries, vital congregatio

From "United Methodist News Service" <newsdesk@umcom.org>
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 13:38:10 -0700

   To ensure consistent delivery, please add [1]newsdesk@umcom.org to your

>contact and/or safe senders list.

[2]View Online | [3]Add to Address Book | [4]Subscribe

UMNS Daily Digest - Produced by United Methodist News Service

>Monday, April 2, 2012

>[5]Debate grapples with restructuring

>[6]Ancient traditions still influence Easter

>[7]Missionaries address restructuring

>[8]Dreaming of Vital Congregations

>[9]Higher education night in Tampa

>[10]

>Lent & Easter ResourcesA>

>[11]

>United Methodist Boards/AgenciesA>

>[12]

>General Conference 2012A>

>[13]

>General Conference appA>

>[14]

>Change the World 2012A>

>[15]

>Social Networks and FeedsA>

>[16]

>Read Additional UMNS StoriesA>

>[17]Find us on Facebook

>[18]Twitter

>[19]Contact Us

>(615) 742-5470

aMore than we need a new organizational chart, we need a new

Pentecost." a The Rev. Kim Cape, top executive of the United Methodist

>Board of Higher Education and Ministry.

>Debate grapples with restructuring

SAN ANTONIO (UMNS) a The Rev. Kim C+ape, top executive of the United

Methodist Board of Higher Education and Ministry; Jay Brim, Southwest

Texas Annual (regional) Conference lay leader, and the Rev. Tim

McClendon, Columbia (S.C.) district superintendent and episcopal

candidate, joined March 31 in a three-hour debate on restructuring

>proposals before General Conference 2012.

>[20]Read full story and post a commentA>

>Ancient traditions still influence Easter

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (UMNS) a Christians journeying through Holy Week may

be surprised to learn how some Easter traditions have evolved over the

centuries. How did Easter get its name? Why are baptisms often included

in services that day? What is the significance of wearing new clothes

>on Easter Sunday?

>[21]Read more and post a commentA>

>Missionaries address restructuring

NEW YORK (UMNS) a The United Methodist Missionary Association released

a statement April 1 on Call to Action, the proposed denominational

restructuring plan, echoing the need to aretain and respect the

creative tension between the global and the local a|a voiced recently

by Thomas Kemper, head of the United Methodist Board of Global

>Ministries.

>[22]Read moreA>

>Dreaming of Vital Congregations

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (UMNS) a "A New Generation of Church Leaders: Training

& Nurturing Young People," the fourth film in the five-part series,

Dreaming of Vital Congregations, produced by the United Methodist Board

of Discipleship, is available to download with a free study guide.

>[23]Read moreA>

>Higher education night in Tampa

TAMPA, Fla. (UMNS) a Delegates, bishops and others attending General

Conference 2012 are invited to join students and presidents from some

of the 120 United Methodist-related schools, colleges, universities and

theological schools and 520 campus ministries for a higher education

>ministry fair April 30.

>[24]Read moreA>

Did someone you know pass along this copy to you? Get your own copy

>[25]here.

United Methodist News Service is a ministry of United Methodist

>Communications.

Ministries of United Methodist Communications:

>[26]Rethink Church

>[27]TechShop

>[28]EcuFilm

>[29]UMC.org

>Program Journals:

>[30]Interpreter Magazine

>[31]El' Interprete

>[32]United Methodists In Service

>[33]InfoServ

>[34]United Methodist News Service

>[35]UM Audio

>[36]UMTV

[37]Foundation for United Methodist Communications

[38]United Methodist Communications International

>[39]Global Health Initiative

Products & Services of United Methodist Communications:

>[40]Crisis Communications

>[41]Communications Training

>[42]Program Calendars

>[43]United Methodist Press Center

>[44]Scholarships

[45]Promotional Resources for Apportionments, Special Sundays and

>Designated Giving

>[46]United Methodist Productions

[47]http://umns.umc.org | [48]Privacy Policy | [49]Contact Us

If you are reading a pass-along copy of this issue, please go here to

start your own account: [50]UMNS Subscriber Form.

United Methodist Communications Address: 810 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN

>37203

[51]Unsubscribe from this mailing. [5609703724.gif]

>References

>Visible links

>1. mailto:newsdesk@umcom.org

>2. http://www.umc.org/dailydigestarchives/

3.
http://www3.umcom.org/site/c.mrLZJ9PFKmG/b.3754251/k.6982/Whitelist_Instructions.htm

>4. http://umns.umc.org/subscribe

>5. file://localhost/tmp/tmp9CvAzw.html#1

>6. file://localhost/tmp/tmp9CvAzw.html#2

>7. file://localhost/tmp/tmp9CvAzw.html#3

>8. file://localhost/tmp/tmp9CvAzw.html#4

>9. file://localhost/tmp/tmp9CvAzw.html#5

10.
http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=6pLILWPxHfLRIXMFE&s=8dIGKTMuHcJLKVOsGmE&m=7oJDIQPvFfKMJ3L

11.
http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=9iJOI5MJJiKXJ7PSH&s=8dIGKTMuHcJLKVOsGmE&m=7oJDIQPvFfKMJ3L