57th PCT General Assembly Annual Convention set to begin on April 10

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Mon, 9 Apr 2012 15:33:40 +0800

3136 Edition

April 2-8, 2012

General Assembly News

57th PCT General Assembly Annual Convention set to begin on April 10

Reported by Lin Yi-ying

Written by Lydia Ma

The 57th PCT General Assembly Annual Convention will take place at Changhua
Christian Hospital on April 10-13, 2012. Items on this year’s agenda include
electing a new moderator, vice-moderator, clerk and treasurer, as well as
electing a new General Secretary. Delegates representing Christian
organizations in South Korea, Japan, Canada, USA, Germany, India, Malaysia, and
the Christian Council of Asia will also attend this meeting, as well as
Taiwanese delegates representing the Catholic Church, the Methodist Church, and
other churches will also attend this convention.

Because the theme of this year’s general assembly is “Loving our country
-Taiwan; sharing the gospel everywhere”, the General Assembly has invited US
missionary Milo Thornberry to come to Taiwan and speak on “The People I Met on
the Way to Jericho” wherein he will also share about how he helped Professor
Peng Ming-min, a democracy activist, escape to the USA.

To help various Christian media outlets in Taiwan better understand the
day-to-day developments of this year’s convention, PCT Associate General
Secretary Kho Sing-doh and the General Assembly’s news team has arranged a
dinner meeting with reporters to discuss the schedule of events ahead of time.
As in previous years, the election of new leaders such as moderator,
vice-moderator, clerk and treasurer, etc. will take place on the evening of the
first day of the convention followed by an installation and handover ceremony,
while the election of the General Secretary will take place on the following
day in the morning. Kho underscored that no matter who is elected to the
General Assembly as General Secretary or other positions, it is imperative that
everyone realize that God is present and in control.

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you acknowledge the
source as "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and writer.
Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to: enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/index.html
(English) or http://www.tcnn.org (Chinese)