From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Division Hears Encouraging News from Curriculum Publishing

From PCUSA.NEWS@pcusa.org
Date 18 Jun 1997 19:52:27

14-June-1997
GA97001

               Division Hears Encouraging News from
                Curriculum Publishing Program Area

                        by Julian Shipp

SYRACUSE--The Congregational Ministries Division (CMD) Committee heard
encouraging news June 11 regarding its Curriculum Publishing Program Area
(CPPA).

   According to Brenda Hooks, CPPA manager of marketing and customer
relations, the organization is currently "on target to surpass 1997 sales
projections  if things continue to go as predicted." Hooks said projected
sales for 1997 are $4.7 million and that to date, CPPA has had nearly $1.5
million in total sales, which is a six percent increase over the same
period of time last year.

   Hooks said "Celebrate" sales have been particularly brisk, with nearly
$300,000 in sales from January to May of 1997. In addition to a marketing
strategy currently underway designed to target congregations currently not
using  "Celebrate" and "Bible Discovery" materials, she said more good news
comes from the fact that CPPA's losses from inventory obsolescence are
$125,000 for 1997, as opposed to an estimated $221,000.

   "I'm very pleased that we are holding the line at this point," Hooks
said.

   "We do have a very positive financial situation," said the Rev. Joanne
R. Hull, a CMD Committee member and Curriculum Publishing/ Resource Center
and Educational Advocates Support Program Committee chair of Charlotte,
N.C. "Something is going right in Curriculum Publishing, and that is very
exciting."

   Donna Blackstock, CPPA associate director and publisher, said although
to date CPPA has paid $179,590 in royalties to the Presbyterian Publishing
Corporation (PPC), it will not have to do so after July 22, resulting in
additional savings for the organization in the future.

  phone 502-569-5504             fax 502-569-8073
  mailed from World Faith News <wfn-news@wfn.org>