From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Mission event will follow student conference

From NewsDesk <NewsDesk@UMCOM.UMC.ORG>
Date 17 Mar 2000 12:29:46

March 17, 2000 News media contact: Linda Bloom·(212) 870-3803·New York
10-31-71B{150}

NOTE: This article may be used as a sidebar to UMNS story #149.

By United Methodist News Service

A special event focusing on volunteer and mission opportunities will follow
the United Methodist Student Forum 2000 at Clark Atlanta University.

The May 28-29 event, "God's Call, Our Mission: Volunteer Service and Mission
Opportunities for Student and Campus Ministers," is sponsored by the United
Methodist Board of Global Ministries.

The Rev. Thomas Thangaraj, of United Methodist-related Emory University,
will give the keynote address on "A Theology of Mission: Christian Mission
in a Pluralistic World." Cutting-edge examples of mission work of campus
ministries across the country will be featured in workshops, plenary
sessions and worship.

Participants also will receive information about short- and long-term
mission opportunities in and outside the United States.

The cost is $35 for people registering for the Student Forum and $45 for
those registering for "God's Call: Our Mission" only. Registration
information forms are available by calling Hal Hartley or Gerlinda Baldwin
at (615) 340-7415 or going to www.umsm.org/studentforum online.

# # #

United Methodist News Service
Photos and stories also available at: