From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ACNS - Global Christian Forum Provisional Purpose Statement

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:43:15 -0700

ACNS 3053 - USA - 8 July 2002

Global Christian Forum

Provisional Purpose Statement

To create an open space wherein representatives from a broad range of
Christian churches and interchurch organizations, which confess the triune
God and Jesus Christ as perfect in His divinity and humanity, can gather to
foster mutual respect, to explore and address together common challenges.

In the spirit of John 17:21  that all of them may be one  so that the
world may believe that you have sent me and because of our faith in a
reconciling God (2 Cor.5: 18-21) a forum could pursue the following:

Deepen our commitment to Gods Word and mission in the world

Enhance our understanding of contemporary expressions of Christian mission

Pursue principles and practices that enable us to deal freely, responsibly
and peaceably with our Christian differences and distinctive qualities

Engage in theological reflection in areas of mutual concern

Strengthen the wholeness of the church by encouraging communication and
cooperation

Foster relationships that may lead to common witness

Pasadena, 20 June 2002