From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Pappas Begins As Executive Minister in Massachusetts

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Rich.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:28:31 -0400

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 6/9/05)--The Rev. Dr.
Anthony "Tony" Pappas began June 1 as executive minister for The
American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts.

Pappas was elected at a specially called meeting of delegates following
the recent 2005 Annual Gathering. Addressing the delegates, Pappas
encouraged them to join him in the "Alleluia Adventure" of ministry
together as a region.

Pappas has been active in American Baptist work in Massachusetts,
serving most recently as Old Colony Association area minister. He
writes of this experience: "This past decade has again been one of
service and growth. I consider myself truly blessed to have the
opportunity to work with the down-to-earth saints of TABCOM, staff,
pastors and laity. What God holds for the future we will live into, but
I am convinced it will be exciting, miraculous and growthful!"

Previously he pastored the Harbor Church of Block Island, R.I. In that
setting he developed a call to encourage small churches, and has worked
in many ways to help small churches find renewal and grow in their
ministry and mission. He edits "The Five Stones-Newsletter for Small
Churches" and has authored five books related to the ministry of small
churches, including Money, Motivation and Mission in the Small Church
released by Judson Press.

Pappas and his wife, Cindy, are parents of two grown children, Rebecca
and Jason.

The American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts, one of 35 regions within
American Baptist Churches USA, includes approximately 291 churches and
45,500 members.

K/2005ABNS/05ABN53

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA
x2077 / (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org