From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Amity Foundation Celebrates Partnership in Valley Forge

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Rich.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:57:50 -0400

Visit

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 6/21/05)--American
Baptist International Ministries recently hosted a delegation from the
Amity Foundation, which promotes education, social services, health and
rural development in all parts of China and has printed and distributed
over 28 million Bibles.

American Baptists have been partnering with the Amity Foundation, begun
by Chinese Christians 20 years ago, in order to make Christ known in
word and deed throughout China.

The delegation visited International Ministries here June 16 as part of
a three-week tour across North America to strengthen partnerships.
"Amity receives overseas support for the Chinese people to focus on
basic needs," said Qui Zhonghui, Amity general secretary. "We are
grateful for our friends and partners, like International Ministries. We
want to learn from them and expand in new directions."

"IM has an outstanding history with Amity's work, including printing
Bibles, work among rural areas and support for social services," said
Ben Chan, IM area director for East Asia and India.

"We benefit from working with partners and visits like this where we
build on our work together," said Charles Jones, IM acting executive
director. "It helps us understand each other and serves to meet each
other's needs."

The delegation also spent time learning about ways to expand their
organizational capacity with John Jacobs, president of the American
Baptist Foundation, and Perry Hopper, associate executive director of
The Ministers and Missionaries Benefit Board.

For more about Amity visit www.amityfoundation.org.

K/2005ABNS/05ABN59

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA
x2077 / (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org