From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Listening: Anglican Communion theological work fully

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:09:50 -0500

Episcopal News Service
January 19, 2006

Listening, Learning & Epiphany

Listening: Anglican Communion theological work fully representative of
the
Provinces

ENS011906-03

[ENS: Source, Anglican Communion News Service] -- Approximately 35
members
of the Anglican Communion Working Group on Theological Education (TEAC)
are
currently gathering for a major meeting at Kempton Park Conference
Centre
near Johannesburg, South Africa. Meeting dates are January 14-21, 2006.

The Working Group, which includes representatives from most of the
Anglican
Provinces, is holding its second plenary meeting (the first was in June
2004) to develop the work it has done to date and to make specific
proposals
with suggestions for implementation.

The meeting will have a special focus on theological education in Africa
and
will include some joint sessions with ANITEPAM (The African Network of
Institutions of Theological Education Preparing Anglicans for Ministry).

Archbishop Rowan Williams sent his good wishes to the meeting,
commenting,
"I trust you will have a stimulating and fruitful consultation which
will
significantly move us forwards towards coherent and workable proposals
for
the future. I am looking forward eagerly to hearing of your progress,
and I
will be praying that you may know the inspiration and guidance of God's
Spirit on all your conversations and decisions."

The Chair of TEAC is the Most Rev. Gregory Venables, Primate of the
Province
of the Southern Cone; vice-chair is Canon Robert Paterson of the Church
in
Wales); and secretary is Clare Amos of the Anglican Communion Office.

Web sites
which
you wish subscribed, to: join-enslist@epicom.org

The enslist is published by Episcopal News Service:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens

>From time to time, ENS provides information and resources which we
consider
to be of interest to our readers. However, statements and opinions
expressed
in the articles and communications herein, are those of the author(s)
and
not necessarily those of ENS or the Episcopal Church.